Fallout 3

• Thread starter Steve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I beat Fallout 3 yesterday, but I've still only visited about 30% of the map. :lol:

:scratch: I assume you have to have good karma for her to approach you, because I've spent a lot of time everywhere in the Citadel and no one has ever approached me.

She served as nothing but a meat shield for me :shrug: I always hate having a party with me they always get in the way. So as soon as I decide to make some cars blow up to kill some of the Enclave guess where she's at? BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM Thanks for the repair materials and ammo meat shield lady.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
She served as nothing but a meat shield for me :shrug: I always hate having a party with me they always get in the way. So as soon as I decide to make some cars blow up to kill some of the Enclave guess where she's at? BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM Thanks for the repair materials and ammo meat shield lady.

Well, as I said, I beat the game...

but I've never had anyone join my party. Jericho wouldn't join my party because I was too much of a goody-two-shoes. Fawkes wouldn't join my party because I was too evil. This one dude whose name I don't remember also wouldn't join my party because I was too evil.

I just want someone to follow me around so that I can sit back and watch them get slaughtered after helping me kill some enemies...

...cuz I'm evil...

[action=Naren]likes meat shields.[/action]

... On second thought, maybe that's why no one wants to join my party... because I look like Satan.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol:

Hey, do you know where I can find a Fat Man and a supply of Mini Nukes? I have a Fat Man that needs to be repaired and I'm out of Mini Nukes...and I don't see them around much. I imagine I can get them at the Citadel, but I haven't gotten permission yet to see.

I think before I fight the Enclave I'm going to eliminate this Talon problem.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Mini nukes are expensive. About 300-400 caps per nuke. :lol: I used to have a fat man with about 12 mini nukes. I can't remember where I found all the nukes. I remember that I found about 2 or 3 of them before I got the fat man and I got like 6 mini nukes with the fat man and I found the rest somewhere else.

Definitely an awesome weapon. I would just burst out laughing every time I used it. I was walking along down the street when 4 mercenaries hired to assassinate me came running my way, swinging automatic rifles. I pulled out the fat man, fired, and it landed right in between them and bam. Killed all of them in under a second. I scavanged their bodies for stuff worth money.

Wish I had another fat man... with some mini nukes...

(I know where you can pay for mini nukes, but like I said. They cost around 350 caps for just one of them)

Nick

Reaction score
I beat Fallout 3 yesterday, but I've still only visited about 30% of the map. :lol:

:scratch: I assume you have to have good karma for her to approach you, because I've spent a lot of time everywhere in the Citadel and no one has ever approached me.

Yeah my guys a 'defender of the wasteland' which i think you may need to get her. i think you might need good karma with a lot of bad guy kills to get her interested. worth doing IMO as the AI for NPC's is pretty good from what ive seen from her. Only problem ive found is that shes not one for sneeking and tends to wade in with a super sledge when you are trying to snipe enimies :lol:

i got the gatling laser and some tesla armour last night its brutal.

the fatboy is great fun but like you guys say ammo is scarce.

Fawkes wouldnt join me because i was 2 good i think you must need neutral karma to get him on side

is it true that the max level is 20?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Eh, I probably don't really need her. Out of just fun and curiosity, I single-handedly massacred everyone in 4 of the major cities in the game (but didn't save). At my current condition, I can pretty much handle anything. :shrug:

The only enemies I really have trouble with are DeathClaws. Those things are fucking crazy. Enclave soldiers can be annoying, but I have the 10% extra damage resistance perk, the adamantium skeleton perk, the perk that gives you 20% more healing from stimpacks, and a set of Lyons Pride power armor and power helment at a condition of 100%. So, even the Enclave guys don't really pose much of a threat.

And since I convinced President Eden to destroy the Enclave and himself, I don't see Enclave soldiers practically anywhere anymore with the exception of the last mission in the game.

Nick

Reaction score
i find the enclave guys pretty easy to kill even when i have normal power armour.

the sniper perk just lets you blast heads off from range so nothing really stands much of a chance.

ive yet to encounter a deathclaw but when i do i intend to get the missle launcher out and deal with it from range. short of that it will get BBQ'd if it makes the mistake of getting 2 close. my friend tells me they are hard as fuck though.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
i find the enclave guys pretty easy to kill even when i have normal power armour.

They get tougher when you have like 30 or 40 of them all trying to kill you at once. :shrug: Yesterday I very easily took 5 of them on at close range and killed them all without my health lowering too much.

But, yeah, one on one, they aren't hard at all.

ive yet to encounter a deathclaw but when i do i intend to get the missle launcher out and deal with it from range. short of that it will get BBQ'd if it makes the mistake of getting 2 close. my friend tells me they are hard as fuck though.

:lol: You're in for a treat. I had heard someone complain about the Yao Guai being hard. But the first time I ran into a DeathClaw, I was thinking, "Ha. These Yao Guai are so fucking easy" and I had just killed a pack of about 4 or 5 of them. Then a Death Claw came running up at this incredibly high speed from the distance. I didn't know what it was until it got close enough that "Death Claw" was displayed, but I was shooting at it while backing up. Suddenly it reaches me and claws at me, taking away about 25% of my health. Then it slashes me again, taking another 25% of my health. I'm still shooting at it and using stimpacks and then it slashes me several times really fast and I fall over dead.

I gained a ton of levels since then and I can kind of deal with them now... but they're still hard as fuck.

Nick

Reaction score
mental note: anything coming at me fast from distance gets mini nuked!

are they hard to kill? does it take multiple blasts to the face with the combat shotgun?

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Apparently you can find an experimental MIRV that fires 8 mini-nukes at once.

Must.....find.....

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Deathclaws aren't too hard, but they're not easy either. 1 Missile and 3 seconds of flamer will kill them. They're supposed to be weak against fire because that's their weakness in all the other games. Although, I really wouldn't use the Shishkebab on them. :eek:

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
Alien blaster will kill a Deathclaw in 2 shots most of the time, even better if your energy whep skill is higher. ;)

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
Anyone done the quest for Crowley yet?

I just took the keys and went to fort constantine, found the 51b power armour and launched a nuke... no idea where it went though haha.

Nick

Reaction score
encountered my first deathclaw yesterday the flamer totally slaughtered it. I did blast half its health off with a minigun but the flamer was much better at killing it.

I also have fawkes with me now with a laser gatling gun he is a fucking beast.

star paladin cross dissappeared though??

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I just bought this today, haven't been able to start as I'm writing a paper (2,200/3,000 words complete!) but as soon as I get that done I'm ripping into this game.

I have to get myself a Live account too

Kryss

Your new god!
Reaction score
just got this yesterday omfg it owns me. this might be one of the greatest games of all time. very well done it seems.

estabon37

Melodica Attack!
Reaction score
Two major gripes so far:

I beat the main quest in 21.5 hours on my first character. Started again and I'm now 41 hours into the game.

Gripe 1: Short main quest. Don't get me wrong, I got lucky beating it in the time I did. But even if I'd struggled it would have only taken me about 25 hours.

Gripe 2: Level 20. Apparently that's the limit. I picked a sweet perk and literally yelled out "Level 21 here I come!". No. No level 21 for Josh.

Still pretty much the best game I've ever played. I just wish it kept the levelling and long main quest of Fallout 2.

Nick

Reaction score
pretty much my only problem with it is the short main quest. I beat it with my character on level 16 dont know how long it took me probably 35 hrs but i did a good bit of running around doing other quests. I saved it just before completion so i can go back and do some other stuff.

i might play it again and get a different ending if there is one.

oh yeah and killing tenpenny and tossing his limbless corpse off his balcony was a deffinite highlight for me hahaha!

')