Fallout 3

• Thread starter Steve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sethh

ss.org SpongeBob
Reaction score
finito, with sidequests and all. for me the game was about 60% pure genius and 40% pointlessness. the ideas and dialogue were definitely better in the first two... well cool anyway... now i don't have a reason to play video games for about another 5 years again kthnxbye :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

estabon37

Melodica Attack!
Reaction score
pretty much my only problem with it is the short main quest. I beat it with my character on level 16 dont know how long it took me probably 35 hrs but i did a good bit of running around doing other quests. I saved it just before completion so i can go back and do some other stuff.

i might play it again and get a different ending if there is one.

oh yeah and killing tenpenny and tossing his limbless corpse off his balcony was a deffinite highlight for me hahaha!

4 different endings - although not that much different from what I've gathered. Depending on how you've played the sidequests the game can apparently draw from 200 short videos updating you of the status of all the other important characters and places. EG: The state of Vault 101 could have several possible ending videos depending on what you did there.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
this game has taken over my life lol

Same here, I'm starting to hate that game. :lol:

Also, this is THE glitchiest game I've ever played. I know it's huge but the amounts of semi-fatal and fatal errors occurring during routine play is astounding. Anyone else find this? Like, LOADS of freezing and sound problem with the occasional video weirdness.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't really had any glitchy problems with it, it's crashed on me once.

Right now, I'm working on eradicating Talon Company, those assholes need to die, and I suspect they have lots of goodies.

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
well I got bored with it after about 60 hours and have now moved onto fable 2. The only thing I REALLY don't like about Fallout 3 is
the lack of scaled hardness, like once you hit about level 14 or 15 nothing scares you anymore (well maybe eccept Behemoths, but they are fairly easy too), you can just plow your way through anything, theres no real "bosses". Monsters stay the same if your level 10 or 20, you have bugs, humans (ie Raiders and stuff) Zombies (ghouls and glowing ones), and mutants/deathclaws/crabguys/bear things with a few variations there of. And the weapons get kind of boring too.

I dunno, maybe I played to much WoW/Diablo like games in my time or just have too short of an attention span, but for an RPG it just doesn't have the replay value like the aforementioned games do for me.

and yeah, like 3 or 4 times I had a bad glitch where I would get a weird kaleidoscope thing going on and I had to reset the x-box.

estabon37

Melodica Attack!
Reaction score
I've had some major glitches as far a graphics on my xbox are concerned, and a couple times NPC's won't talk to each other that are supposed to in order for a quest to continue or finish. I just turned it off and on again - fixed.

I just pulled the difficulty up a notch to make up for my badass character. Getting a bit sick of seeing Giant Radscorpions though. Really, this has left me in the same position as Fallout 2 did: "Well, that was awesome. Now I just gotta wait a couple months and make a character that's NOTHING like this one was and play each quest as an EVIL BASTARD instead." The game's got plenty of replay value as long as you don't use the same frame of mind on your second time through.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
got the graphical kaleidoscope crap and freezes, damnit, ohwell i beat the shit out of it and took it back to EB games and traded it towards mirrors edge, which is fun, not too bad story but it's gettin old fast

')