Fallout 3

• Thread starter Steve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cev

Trollhammaren!!
Reaction score
Man, I was up until 2:00 playing it again. I wanted to stop, I really did! But I just couldn't!

Stengah_2012

Back from the dead
Reaction score
Did anybody catch the Fear Factory reference yet? If you log into any research computer in the Museum of Technology, you'll find in the first entry a paragraph that refers to a virus infection of the mainframe. At the very end of the paragraph, it states that "the soul of this machine has improved."

Want to guess who made the entry? That's right, B. Bell. When I saw that last night as I was playing it, I about shit myself. :lol:

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Did anybody catch the Fear Factory reference yet? If you log into any research computer in the Museum of Technology, you'll find in the first entry a paragraph that refers to a virus infection of the mainframe. At the very end of the paragraph, it states that "the soul of this machine has improved."

Want to guess who made the entry? That's right, B. Bell. When I saw that last night as I was playing it, I about shit myself. :lol:

Thats fucking awesome. I'll check it out as soon as I get home.

cev

Trollhammaren!!
Reaction score

Oh, is that what that was? I don't listen to Fear Factory, so when I saw that line I was like, "what a weird thing to say!" :lol:

The whole Museum of Technology sequence was badass, by the way :metal:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Got home from being with the band all day and it's finally arrived. I'm gonna start playing it in a minute. :cool:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had this game for four days and just finally was able to sit down and play it for a couple hours last night. It feels like Oblivion for sure - but a very finely polished, refined version of it. The wasteland looks incredible. I wasn't sure about how combat was going to work when I was reading about it, but I quite like the targeting system they have in there now. I can see myself playing this game as much as I did Oblivion (150+ hours!)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
All I want to know is... is there still a Turbo Plasma Rifle?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I've had this game for four days and just finally was able to sit down and play it for a couple hours last night. It feels like Oblivion for sure - but a very finely polished, refined version of it. The wasteland looks incredible. I wasn't sure about how combat was going to work when I was reading about it, but I quite like the targeting system they have in there now. I can see myself playing this game as much as I did Oblivion (150+ hours!)

I played it for about 7 hours tonight. It's basically Fallout 1 and 2 done Oblivion-style. It's completely nailed the atmosphere and feel of the original Fallout games and even nailed the game system, but has interpreted it through Oblivion's way of doing things.

I'd say that, from how much I've played of it so far, it seems like the best adaptation and the most accurate to the original that I could think of (to all the purists out there, this is a bazillion times better than trying to make an isometric game in 2008).

I'm absolutely sure that I will play this game more than I played Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 (which were long games, but paled in length compared to Morrowind or Oblivion). If the world is as big as it seems (ie HUGE), I can see myself playing this for almost as long as Oblivion.

So far I'm being overwhelmed with quest offers from every side. I've done a ton of them, but I just keep getting overloaded with them. I've only been taking on the ones that seem somewhat major or important.

I also like how they implemented so many of the original weapons into the new system. Some of them I wondered how they'd do in first person, but they work great.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I just finished the main quest yesterday, took me nearly 25 hours to finish that. Though now I have to either not do the last part of the main quest or restart the game entirely to continue wandering the wasteland. Ah well, still lotsa game to be had here!

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of you guys are far ahead of me, I haven't even gotten to D.C. yet, but I do play RPGs slowly, I wander around a lot :lol:

Also, I shot Dr. Lesko in the head execution style :metal: rewarding.

neon_black88

Reaction score
Wow this game really does just keep getting better and better. So many weapons so little skill points! Just had those mercenarys try to take me down, thanks for the armour guys!

Oh yeah, also just watched a rouge brotherhood of steel dude wipe out a bandit camp on his own, that was pretty badarse.

This game rules way more than I thought it would.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i installed it this morning, and played it for a bit, up until the 2nd fight with butch, and its pretty awesome thus far. love the graphics, i'm running 1440x900(on my 19" widescreen LCD) and have 2xAA and 8x aniso, and detail set to "high" and i'm surprised my Nvidia 9500GT is actually handling it, i figured itd be dogshit slow.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Played it for three hours just now. Making zero progress on the main story :lol: side quests are way more fun!

Stengah_2012

Back from the dead
Reaction score
I just got mauled to death by a Deathclaw. I was wandering around D.C. after an important event took place (don't want to spoil it), in Power Armor with some serious firepower, only to get the living shit kicked out of me. Damn, that was fun. :metal:

A word to the wise, if you see one (and you'll know it when you do), drop frag mines and run like hell. :lol:

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score
Please remember to add Spoiler Tags where needed... Thx.

This is how you do it.

[ spoiler ] Text - no space in brackets - Text [ /spoiler ]

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually sat in my car for 10 min today contemplating to drive out and buy a 360 just for this game, so I said screw it, drove to the store, but by the time I got to the store, it was closed. Now I don't know if I really want to drop $300 for this.

Oh, and do you need a Hard Drive for this game? I was thinking on just getting the barebones + FA3 and Probably Fable 2 a little later.

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
This game has been cutting into my sleep, and coursework. It is pure evil.

WORSE THAN CRACK.

neon_black88

Reaction score
best game iv ever played.

end of

I actually think its the best game I've ever played sinse Fallout 2, I really didnt think it would be this great. Especially because I never really got into Oblivion. I've probably put more time into fallout 3 in 3 days than I did ever in Oblivion.

Fuckin love this game! I'm going back to play it now.

')