Fallout 3

• Thread starter Steve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score
Released today. Just bought it for the 360. Anyone else into the post-apocalyptic fallout games? I've been waiting for FO3 for ten years. :metal:

1232490760b5ccf15.jpg

album_pic.php

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cev

Trollhammaren!!
Reaction score
Got my copy sitting right next to me... only 2.5 more hours until I can get home and install it. I cannot wait :D

I'm both an Elder Scrolls fanboy and a Fallout fanboy, so expectations are high :)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting it after I get Fable II out of my system! :rofl: I don't want to flip back between both of them and if I buy it today that's what I'll end up doing! :D Full attention devoted to each game. Post up after you've logged a couple hours into it please? :wub: I'm curious to hear how you like it. :)

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting it after I get Fable II out of my system! :rofl: I don't want to flip back between both of them and if I buy it today that's what I'll end up doing! :D Full attention devoted to each game. Post up after you've logged a couple hours into it please? :wub: I'm curious to hear how you like it. :)

I want to play Fable II... but Fallout III comes first. Of course, Left 4 Dead comes out soon, and I love Zombies.....so, I'll have to make a choice.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
Oh yes, I want to play this very much. Fallout 2 was one of the first RPG's I played (Diablo the first), and it was way ahead of its time in terms of its size and freedom. I think we can count on Bethesda to preserve that.

But I'm so cheap I'll probably wait 'til it goes down in cost.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll dig into Fallout 3 tonight after band practice. I'm pretty stoked about the game. I'm going in expecting a cross between Oblivion and Mass Effect. We'll see if Fallout lives up to it, but I would assume it's going to be a great game. I've heard nothing but good about this game up to now.

I started reading the IGN review, but stopped before the first page finished because instead of reviewing the game, they were basically giving a book report. I don't want to know what happens, I want to know if it's of high quality. Get it right IGN. It's just like Gamespot's review of Assassin's Creed last year when they spoiled a secret in their review too.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Just started the game today, and it is indeed very awesome! I had the chance to get it Saturday but I didn't realize it was out at that particular store (one of the independent game stores nearby releases the really good games early so they can beat everyone else to sales haha). I must say, I'm very impressed so far, exploring the wastelands is a blast, litearlly!

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
I'm grabbing this when I get off work. I definitely plan to listen to some Into Eternity when I play it. :metal:

I can't wait. I am a sucker for post-apocalyptic desolation.

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
Im thinking of buying it off of Steam. Though I still have to finish Crysis Warhead and Max Payne 2 that I got recently. I enjoyed Oblivion but only got about half way through it before I got sidetracked with something else.
I tend to finish shorter games so I wonder how far Ill get in Fallout 3.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm digging it so far, though I wish I had a better computer, running the graphics at "Low" isn't fun.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
gears of war first, then fallout 3 and THEN left 4 dead

and whenever duke nukem 4 comes out LOL, i might be using a walker by that point though LOL

goth_fiend

Reaction score
just got done playing it for about 3 hours, really cool so far, just got to megaton.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I can already tell it's going to be a time consuming game, because I haven't gotten far from Megaton either, I've found a couple more towns, but nothing more. Just questing and leveling.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I've been a fan of the Fallout series for over 11 years now. I've beaten Fallout 1 twice and Fallout 2 twice. I've been waiting for a new Fallout for about 10 years, but didn't think it would come out until they announced it last year. It's been the number one game I've been looking forward to since it got released.

On Monday, I got an e-mail saying that my reserved copy had been shipped. It should get here on Saturday or Sunday. I should have Fable 2 beaten by then.

I expect Fallout 3 to probably be the best game of 2008.

I was a huge fan of Black Isle Studios before Interplay shut them down. I played everything they released: Fallout, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, and so on. But my number one favorite company is Bethesda. My number favorite game of all time is Morrowind and number 2 is Oblivion.

Even as a HUGE Fallout fan, I think that Fallout 3 may be even better than 1 and 2, simply by the fact that Bethesda made it.

I can already tell it's going to be a time consuming game, because I haven't gotten far from Megaton either, I've found a couple more towns, but nothing more. Just questing and leveling.

Part of the reason I got so addicted to the first Fallout game in 1997 was for how free the game was and how its karma system worked. I had a karma of -300 and I was known as a child killer. I loved how I could work for the bad guys, then betray them and get money from the good guys, use those experiences to get a new job where I betrayed my new employers to get what I wanted.

The Elder Scrolls series and Fallout series were the two most free RPG series out there.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I was a huge fan of Black Isle Studios before Activision shut them down.

It was Interplay, not Activision. Interplay has certainly had their share of problems in the intervening time as well. They had so may releases get panned by critics and then NOT bought by customers, they simply had to shut the doors and sell off some of the franchises. I'm pretty sure most people fully believe that Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel should NOT be considered cannon as far as the Fallout universe is concerned. Heck, the last well reviewed Fallout game was Fallout:Tactics, which it seems like no one played anyway.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
It was Interplay, not Activision. Interplay has certainly had their share of problems in the intervening time as well. They had so may releases get panned by critics and then NOT bought by customers, they simply had to shut the doors and sell off some of the franchises. I'm pretty sure most people fully believe that Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel should NOT be considered cannon as far as the Fallout universe is concerned. Heck, the last well reviewed Fallout game was Fallout:Tactics, which it seems like no one played anyway.

:lol: What the fuck? I said "Activision"? I went and edited that out. I was thinking Interplay and for some bizarre reason I wrote Activision. :ugh: It's embarassing, but not embarassing that I didn't know it was Interplay, but embarassing that I wrote Activision while I was thinking "Interplay." Almost like my fingers are ignoring my brain...

Yeah, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is NOT canon no matter how you think of it. It was released after Black Isle got sacked. Just like Fallout Tactics. Brotherhood of Steel pretty much contradicted a lot of stuff in Fallout and in Fallout 2, made a bunch of absolutely ridiculous things that wouldn't even work in the Fallout universe, and made it so stylistically different from Fallout and Fallout 2 that no one would even consider it a real Fallout game. I read that the director completely ignored the two Fallout RPGs when making the game. Luckily, Bethesda have stayed completely faithful to the style, themes, and world of the original. And, while they changed it from an overhead isometric game to a 3D immersive first-person world (which, in my opinion, is a HUGE improvement over the original - especially since isometric games are a fad that died out around 2000-2001), they kept a lot of really minor and obscure things from the originals in the game.

Nick

Reaction score
Released today. Just bought it for the 360. Anyone else into the post-apocalyptic fallout games? I've been waiting for FO3 for ten years. :metal:

1232490760b5ccf15.jpg

album_pic.php

Fuck yeah Fallout 2 is one of the best games ever i played through it again not that long ago. I seriously cant wait to get my hands on this game. Ive not been this excited about a game coming out since i completed final fantasy 7 and heard FF8 was in production!

')