False Metal = Nu Metal

• Thread starter ArtDecade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Nu-Metal rules, that's all!

False or not, I love it. I like real metal too! :fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Lol, it IS 100% opinion.

So many people on this forum will talk shit about a band and post some video of "real metal" just because they feel "metal" can only be thrashy, tremelo picking, all double bass bullshit.

And see, in my opinion, most bands with "core" in their sub-genre are metal.

Like the people who say Emmure aren't a metal band, they're just not metal in that person's eyes. But to me, they're a fuck ton heavier than any of that black metal stuff, or most death metal even. Why? Dunno. It's just what I consider to be heavy.

Edit: Here's a simpler example...

Fuck all the sub-genres. Leave it at just Metal and Rock. Then see how many "false metal" bands there are. Because at that point, if someone threw even that old AA song into the rock category, they would just be proving the point in my first post.

I don't like Emmure, but it's definitely metal to me!

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I thought that was actually pretty awesome - sounds like Blink 182 or any other old feelgood punk stuff meets metalcore. And they managed not to play a stereotypical breakdown!

I said it before and I'll say it again: this chunk band made me have a good time while seeing the video. They're having fun with this silly song, why not? Go for it. I'd say I like it more than deathcore and all those bands who are hilariously bad and pose as serious stuff. At least this stuff is funny to listen to. Is it the best genre or combination in the world? Hell no, but it's surely fun! I have nothing against these guys! hehehe :lol:

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
I have a true metal story for you, gentlemen:

I quit my job this morning, and said forever I would hold my head up high, 'cause I need metal in my life just like an eagle needs to fly. I walked outside into the street, and from a hall I heard thunder and screams. I walked inside so I could hear, and the guy beside me gave me a beer. He had his fists up in the air. He called me 'brother,' and said 'my friends are over there.' They call themselves 'Immortals;' they're the truest of the true; and in that very moment I was born again like you.

They sang: 'Hold your head up high. Raise your fist into the air. Play metal, louder than hell. They can't stop us. Let 'em try. For heavy metal we will die.'

Brothers, stand beside me. There's a battle on: you know my words are true. There's a battle for true metal. There's a battle on: they're marching on me and you. Ten thousand strong are here tonight, with twenty thousand fists up in the air. The power of true metal: it's calling you. It's everywhere.

I hope you can learn from my life experiences. :lol:

True metal's a silly thing. Satan's church is a broad church. There's room for your poppy-happy djenty crabcore, there's room for the kvltest unlistenable Norwegian blackened scuzz, and there's room for more.

I'd put a similar redirect on Wikipedia from 'true metal' to 'Manowar.' BY MOONLIGHT, WE RIDE!

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
No such thing as False Metal, just music you don't like. Metal fans have a tendency of taking themselves too seriously and therefore clinging very closely to their "true metal" identity :lol:

')