False Metal = Nu Metal

• Thread starter ArtDecade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
... at least according to Wikipedia! :lol:

I was looking for information about Brother Firetribe, a side project by Erno “Emppu” Vuorinen of Nightwish. Their first album was called "False Metal" but when I typed it into Wikipedia it redirects you to the page on Nu-Metal. I don't know if someone is taking a piss, but I found that pretty funny.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Lol...

There is no such thing as false metal, fake metal, "real" metal, etc. People who think there is are just full of themselves and their opinions. Metalheads really can be the worst sometimes, when it comes to hypocrisy and judgement.

I think Thrash is, for the most part, annoying and boring to listen to. Doesn't mean it's any less "metal" than any other sub-genre.

If it's loud, heavy (which can range from Korn style heavy to Children of Bodom heavy) and old people tend to call it "noise"... It's metal.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Lol...

There is no such thing as false metal, fake metal, "real" metal, etc. People who think there is are just full of themselves and their opinions. Metalheads really can be the worst sometimes, when it comes to hypocrisy and judgement.

I think Thrash is, for the most part, annoying and boring to listen to. Doesn't mean it's any less "metal" than any other sub-genre.

If it's loud, heavy (which can range from Korn style heavy to Children of Bodom heavy) and old people tend to call it "noise"... It's metal.

:yesway:

Reaction score

^false metal

I wouldn't call that "false metal"... it's just a subgenre of metal that hasn't been defined yet.

Hell, if we have a subgenre of techno-metal, why not have a subgenre of something like what these guys are doing? You don't have to like it, and no one forces you to, it's just something that appeals to a niche market.

I think there isn't a genre in music that can be more diverse than the metal-verse is. I don't even think it's possible to count how many subgenres of metal there currently are...

but hey... let's call this something stupid... like... dance-core or something. :lol:

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
I wouldn't call that "false metal"... it's just a subgenre of metal that hasn't been defined yet.

Hell, if we have a subgenre of techno-metal, why not have a subgenre of something like what these guys are doing? You don't have to like it, and no one forces you to, it's just something that appeals to a niche market.

I think there isn't a genre in music that can be more diverse than the metal-verse is. I don't even think it's possible to count how many subgenres of metal there currently are...

but hey... let's call this something stupid... like... dance-core or something. :lol:

It has been established as crabcore.

:noplease:core

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Regarding false metal. The only true reference to such a thing only exists in the kingdom of...

MANOWAR! The truest, realist, purist form of metal ever to soar above the earth pn winged beasts, breathing fire into the darkness, reverberating throughout the heavens like a thunderous proclamation of ALL THAT IS METAL! !

/end sarcasm

For those of you who are unfamiliar with MANOWAR.... pity...

Now, on topic, we seem to be hung up on semantics here.
All things being subjective, it coyld be argued that there is no such thing as "false" metal.
It could also be argued that there is no such thing as "bad" music, which is decidedly NOT the case.
Hence, our dilemma. One man's false metal is another man's rock lobster.

Is there such a thing as "false djent"?
And if so, what the HELL is it!?

Alcojuana

Reaction score
I still cant get over how those little dipshits got a record deal. Its like that band is just a walking cliche.

they got a record deal because A LOT of kids like this band. personally I hate it but this is what's getting popular with highschool kids. same deal how emo and metalcore was popular when I was in high school. i of course was listening to TRUE metal lol :lol:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score

^false metal

I don't like THAT AA album, but the 2 since then are great. And even that song still has its heavy parts.

Sorry, I truly believe in what I said. There is absolutely no such thing as "false/fake/real" in something that is 100% based on opinion.

cronux

Reaction score
i must admit this thread gave me a good laugh - cliche metal :lol:

but the thing is that AA got signed because they took 5-10 types of metal and fused it into the ugly watermelon on a stick they play today... why kids like it i really don't know

i would label that "give it two albums or less and it will go away" metal

and here's my contribution on the GITAOLAIWGA metal :D
kids like it :metal:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
There is absolutely no such thing as "false/fake/real" in something that is 100% based on opinion.

Since when is "Metal" to 100% based on opinion?

Also, "False Metal" does not automatically mean its bad. It just means its not "metal". Same as a big part of nowadays bands that label themselves abcdefgh-core, have in reality nothing in common with real hardcore, therefor can justly be called "fake".

I don't care enough usually to discuss which band is "fake" or which one is "true" or "real", and neither must you. But that does not make something less fake / more real.

When I play smoke on the Water and claim "THIS IS JAZZ", I am False Jazz.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score

Also, "False Metal" does not automatically mean its bad. It just means its not "metal". Same as a big part of nowadays bands that label themselves abcdefgh-core, have in reality nothing in common with real hardcore, therefor can justly be called "fake".

I don't care enough usually to discuss which band is "fake" or which one is "true" or "real", and neither must you. But that does not make something less fake / more real.

You are getting way to philosophical over this... It's just a joke. :lol:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score

Lol, it IS 100% opinion.

So many people on this forum will talk shit about a band and post some video of "real metal" just because they feel "metal" can only be thrashy, tremelo picking, all double bass bullshit.

And see, in my opinion, most bands with "core" in their sub-genre are metal.

Like the people who say Emmure aren't a metal band, they're just not metal in that person's eyes. But to me, they're a fuck ton heavier than any of that black metal stuff, or most death metal even. Why? Dunno. It's just what I consider to be heavy.

Edit: Here's a simpler example...

Fuck all the sub-genres. Leave it at just Metal and Rock. Then see how many "false metal" bands there are. Because at that point, if someone threw even that old AA song into the rock category, they would just be proving the point in my first post.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Dear all,

As far as I'm concerned, the New Wave of British Heavy Metal bands are the only metal bands!

Signed,
An Old Timer :lol:

PS. :fawk:

')