Family shot

• Thread starter skeels
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Bored. Here ya go.

9MTf8OA.jpg

7nt9jDK.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Wow, how long of a time period of building does that represent? What's the most recent?

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Thanks fellers! This represents about two years of building. Left to right approximately from oldest to newest with my very first complete build in the front. It really has been fun and I'm getting much better.

The JS7 is up for sale and I *might* be persuaded to part with a couple of them. They are not perfect guitars. I know I am not a pro. I am a caveman. But flaws aside, they are pretty solid. When I still played in bands, the mark of a good guitar to me was how it held up, how it withstood thrashing, how much beer could be spilled on it, etc!

I build good guitars but as I get better, I want to build great guitars! This is my retirement plan! I have a bunch of friends asking me for builds now and got some cool plans in the works - fretless bass, semi-hollow builds, nine strings, flying Vs but I'm not a business man. I build because hoverbike!

You guys are all part of why I do this. So much great support and advice and I've met some good friends here. Love of guitars and passion for creativity are what motivated me. This is nothing less than my life.. I don't try to be like the next guy- i build mostly for myself - what i like, what i think is cool.

I'm not stopping.

Stay tuned and I hope you all had a great Krampusnacht!

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
They are lovely, but why are so many of them w/o strings?

Warg Master

Weeping strings...
Reaction score
*Butthead voice* I see you like wood. I like wood too. Huh huh. We should make out.

wait... That didn't come out right....

well, nice guitars! Very nice figures on those. Mmmmm nice collection!

RobbYoung

Psalm Mutes End Wars
Reaction score
Which woods do you like the most for body/neck? Those don't all look like your average maple/mahogany designs.

Wonderful builds btw!

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Which woods do you like the most for body/neck? Those don't all look like your average maple/mahogany designs.

Wonderful builds btw!

I keep trying new combinations all the time. Some of it is just to please the eye but as i keep building I am finding new balances of compliment and contrast in terms of timber's feel, weight, density and grain. I like to do things that aren't necessarily the "normal"

I've had nice results with ebony, rosewood and padauk for necks.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Dude! You've been busy! awesomestuffs

Thanks man! Funny- it seems like I hardly have time to build! This year will see the truly awesome stuff though. Haven't heard from you much lately - still building?

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Heh, been extremely busy. Also, I've been far from home for the past 2 years without access to a workshop... Still, I'm about to finish 3 axes!
Good thing is I've just finished my masters, so I should be able to find some time time to design and build stuff.

haffner1

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this thread title read like a tragic news headline? But I digress.

Those are some awesome axes! Wish I had time to learn to build, but I barely get enough playing time.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this thread title read like a tragic news headline? But I digress.

Those are some awesome axes! Wish I had time to learn to build, but I barely get enough playing time.

I've pretty much had to give up my playing time to have the time to shoot families now. It's very time consuming following all those minivans! :lol:

Heh, been extremely busy. Also, I've been far from home for the past 2 years without access to a workshop... Still, I'm about to finish 3 axes!
Good thing is I've just finished my masters, so I should be able to find some time time to design and build stuff.

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing them!

CD1221

Reaction score
Was going to comment on how much you must love brown.... Then realised you had built them. Well done, sir.

')