Fanned 40"-37" Kalium Guitar Works Quake. Production run of 5 Quakes

• Thread starter ixlramp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
^ That torzal twist 47" is pretty incredible, wow!

Thanks @eggy in a bready ! over the moon to finally own a quake :D
42301373_10157059914894384_1945006318297284608_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
Y'all made me have to get one. Will be great for designing bass pickups on. I also wanna put a piezo in mine possibly.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Y'all made me have to get one. Will be great for designing bass pickups on. I also wanna put a piezo in mine possibly.

meh, I had piezzo on my Ibanez EDA905 for years..... On live situation it helps to cut trough the mix beautifully, but its not that muhc improvement of the overall sound of the bass...... Mind you my bass only had one humbucker in the middle, and one bass knob for it, and one treble knob for the piezza so not the best EQ system.... I also spend many years wihtout knowing that I had couple of EQ controls for the piezo in the back..... (which I never tweaked lol)...

piezzo for bass?, meh...

saved

Reaction score
I have a piezo bridge on my 40"scale p-bass.
When i use it,i cut mids and trebles,and boost the bass.It sound so clean,but its not forgiving the smallest mistake you play..

A-Branger

Reaction score
I have a piezo bridge on my 40"scale p-bass.
When i use it,i cut mids and trebles,and boost the bass.It sound so clean,but its not forgiving the smallest mistake you play..

yeh I think that was my problem, I only have the highs to mess with on the on-board EQ, which I always left at the middle unless I was on a gig situation were I couldnt hear much of myself. I should ahve messed with the back controls

but yeah, you hear every little zing. Just like an acoustic I suppose

hodorcore

Reaction score
wow that bass is amazing. the only thing i dont like about it is the headstock. the rest of the bass is very smooth and rounded and the headstock looks a bit less sophisticated :)

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
yeh I think that was my problem, I only have the highs to mess with on the on-board EQ, which I always left at the middle unless I was on a gig situation were I couldnt hear much of myself. I should ahve messed with the back controls

but yeah, you hear every little zing. Just like an acoustic I suppose
Yeah, that is my one fear, and on top of that, mine is going to be fretless.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
"End-of-run special - limited stock remaining on both multi-scale and parallel fret 20th Anniversary Quake 5 string basses. Special pricing applies until inventory is gone. Email; guitars@kaliummusic.com for details."

https://twitter.com/Kalium_Music
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrX9wLjH_5S/

I saw that and talked with Skip, hoping to snap up another one. But the prices are actually higher than the 20th anniversary pricing. Still a good deal, as they’re less than the custom pricing, but probably out of my impulse buy mentality! :lol:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I have one of these! I love it! Tuned it FCFCF, and will be using it alongside my 8 string guitar :)

The clarity and tone is hilarious, and it's the one being played in that documentary :)

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Just saw in a FaceBook post that the remaining 20th Anniversary Quakes are marked down to $1750. Seriously alluring but my wife got me a Dingwall that should be here any day. If one of these shows up, I'm dead. :lol:

ixlramp

Reaction score
Just saw that too, the remaining ones are all fanned apparently. Excellent price and it's good to know Skip has sold almost 20 now.
I did wonder who owns the brown one played in the video, unusual colour for a Quake.

In other news, the RIM (60" scale EUB tuned D#G#C#F#B, a 5 string with a bass low B as the highest string, lowest string sub-10Hz) won't be at this NAMM but is a 2019 project.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
In other news, the RIM (60" scale EUB tuned D#G#C#F#B, a 5 string with a bass low B as the highest string, lowest string sub-10Hz) won't be at this NAMM but is a 2019 project.

That concept has been in development for a LONG time. I'm fascinated by the idea, and the prospect of developing a system of fingerings for that scale length. In Simandl, the left hand spans a whole step at roughly 41". What will happen at 60"? :lol: I can't wait to find out.