Fanned 40"-37" Kalium Guitar Works Quake. Production run of 5 Quakes

• Thread starter ixlramp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I am SERIOUSLY keen for that 60". I have no interest in tuning below E0 but I'd be interested to try it tuned to minor 3rds (for stretch reduction) from E0 with some thin strings. Not sure what kind of tension such length would require for stability, but a regular B string should get close! 3rds across 5 strings would give E0-E1, with a 30" shortscale regular E1 thirds tuned bass halfway up the neck. That's all kinds of cool... Perfect platform for microtonal fretting too. Perhaps tuning it lower would still be useful to reduce reach to more typical useful pitches

Last edited:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
5'9" man to scale. I'm really curious how this will be designed and at what height the neck will begin from the floor!

Attachments

• rim.png
    rim.png
    457.4 KB · Views: 39

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
5'9" man to scale. I'm really curious how this will be designed and at what height the neck will begin from the floor!

Huh. Seems like right hand placement may need to be a little farther from the bridge than typical just because of the instrument's size. Probably not a big issue for pizz, but might make a bigger difference for arco playing if that's in the picture.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.