Fanned Fret 7 build .

• Thread starter pondman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Yeah have to work this weekend. :(

The 10 string flying W is on hold til I finish my bass. And that 8. And the floyd 7 whose routes I have to tweak. And four more I have started.

And a couple more basses.

:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Bass:

71CClif.jpg

New neck thru:

YnS7SSj.jpg

And when one of your guys pulls a no-show/no-call, this thorny walnut takes two days.
:O

eCcsveT.jpg

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Some really nice stuff going on there :eek: glad to see your back on form :yesway:
That tree is in a dodgy position :ugh: How much timber have you got stashed from felling ?

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Yeah this tree is a pain. Right on the two houses and the trunk only inches away from the porch so none of the logs can swing.

I have been stashing some bits here and there- took down some dead elms and think I can get some neck thru blanks and bodies from them. Love the "vertically stored" wood! ;)

Added too much to the nt guitar so I'm thinking of doing it in 30" scale!

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got some time to level and dress the frets .

This would have been finished but the finish on the bridge failed when I tried setting it up - they only used a baked lacquer instead of clear p-coat so I'm just going to chrome it instead.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Just about done but I'm going to re-shape the neck just a fraction and it needs setting up .
The pictures are absolutely shite so i'll have to delete these and take some more this weekend and I forgot to wipe my grubby finger-marks off the body :rolleyes:

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
I would love to see a metal barebone version of this.

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
I would do dirty things to have a left handed version of that guitar. WOW.

As far as reshaping part of the neck... what exactly are you reshaping? How does the heel feel when you're on the upper registers of the guitar?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Please start commercially building someday. Your guitars look amazing!

Can you reveal any secrets about the pickup covers?

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
I would do dirty things to have a left handed version of that guitar. WOW.

As far as reshaping part of the neck... what exactly are you reshaping? How does the heel feel when you're on the upper registers of the guitar?
I was going to shave just a small amount off the back of the neck but changed my mind . Its fine on the uppers - My playing standard has fallen tragically over the last 3 years due to hand and arm injuries through my job so I prefer a bit more meat on the neck.
Please start commercially building someday. Your guitars look amazing!

Can you reveal any secrets about the pickup covers?
I'm a long way off the standard of commercial building if I ever decide to do that.
The covers are just made from celluloid sheet that most of the Chinese sellers list on ebay.

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
You know how a lot of people will say " don't quit your day job"? Well I'm telling you.
QUIT YOUR DAY JOB , and build more guitars. LOL!!

')