Fanned Fret Artinger

• Thread starter shadscbr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shadscbr

Reaction score
Well, it's been a while since i've had a build in progress, so for my 40th birthday, I thought that should change. Since early 2010, Matt Artinger and I have been working through different design ideas and wood possibilities for something a little different. This new Artinger design is a combination of the best tonal and ergonomic features from my other guitars, blended with Matt's acoustic experience and artisitic touch, to create what I hope will be the perfect guitar for me. This is Matt's take on the stretched single cut design, optimized for lower volume unplugged tone. Here are the basic specs:

7 string fanned fret Semi hollow with dual soundholes
25-27" fan, 2" nut width, slanted pickups
Slotted headstock
Port Orford cedar top
Old Growth sinker mahogany body
Brazillian Rosewood and mahog multi piece neck
Bevels front and rear
Ebony fretboard
Carved tailpiece
Carved back
Koa for bevel, binding, and all other accent woods

There are many details that still have to be decided, but here are the pics I have from Mr. Artinger so far. It's going to stay at this level of finish for a little while until I figure out how far I want to go with inlay.

P5051187.jpg

P5051188.jpg

P4281174.jpg

P4281175.jpg

P4281176.jpg

URL]

P5051186.jpg

P5121214.jpg

P5121208.jpg

And yes, it will acousti-djent :)

Shad

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sojorel

Scourge
Reaction score
Headstock design is really great. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Jontain

Reaction score
That headstock = really impressive wood work.

Results look amazing thus far man!

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
You owned the coolest guitars in this forum already. Now you probably have the coolest in the galaxy.

Cheers for your impeccable taste.

shadscbr

Reaction score
That headstock is awesome, but where are you going to be anchoring your strings?

Matt will be carving a tailpiece out of wood. The details of the carve is still one of the specs up in the air. I want the carve on the tailpiece to complement the carve on the back, as well as the inlay....i'm brainstroming as we speak :yesway:

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Shad

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is absolutely stunning.

I love Artinger's work and would like to own one of his instruments in the future myself :yesway:

Fred

Reaction score
Something tells me this is going to be an exceedingly handsome and exceedingly tasteful guitar when it's done. Looking forward to updates!

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
yeah. that headstock just put it over the edge. that's gonna be the best thing ever.

:minions:

')