Fannedfret Telecaster

• Thread starter Bolwede
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bolwede

Reaction score
Hi folks!
this summer I will build my second guitar and I've seen alot how people do scarfjoint fannedfret but mine will be with the regular telecaster/fenderstyle headstock, to get the fretboard not sticking out beyond the nut do I just drumsand the bevel at an angle or is it more complicated? Hope you understand what I mean.

Kind regards
Patrik

DSC08699.jpg

DSC08734.jpg

DSC08745.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
Hi there, lookin good! I don't think you will have an issue as long as you get your angle proper. I'd hog away a good amount first on the spindle sander and then finish off with sandpaper wrapped around a dowel to get it just right. You may also want to consider that Fender guitars generally have a small lip of fretboard showing on the other side of the nut.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
just cut the bulk off with a bandsaw/handsaw, then set a guide up on the spindle sander about 1-2mm wider than your final thickness. it should be pretty easy for you to just eyeball the correct angle

')