Far Cry 3!

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
There are a few minor niggles I have regarding this game, but overall it's fucking awesome! One of the best FPS I've ever played, if not the best.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I have no idea if it contains spoilers or not,but this is video is my only experience with the series :lol:

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
It's pretty fucking swell. Open world, but you don't need to treat it as such. The acting is superb (Vaas is magnificently insane). The AI is damn clever without being overbearing. The guns seems a touch limited and easy to get but still varied enough to be fun. Even the skill system isn't overdone, despite the mysticism. Really enjoying it, so much more than Far Cry 2.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
i am loving this game, i havn't done many main missions, as i love just exploring the island and taking out camps and shit. right now i'm using the bow with a marksman sight the most. cleared a camp of 5 in about 10 seconds using chain takedowns and the bow. i felt like rambo. fucking boss.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
will own this by christmas!! huge farcry fan, i remember when the first farcry and crysis games came out, ground breaking stuff (not in the gameplay aspect, graphically)...really enjoyed what they did with far cry 2, but too many big issues fucked it from being brilliant.

From what i hear and have seen, this looks like it'll kick some serious ass!

Mexi

Reaction score
recently got this on the PC and I am loving this. one of the most refreshing FPS experiences in recent memory. Great balance between linear story and open-world dynamics. great voice acting, great mechanics (takedowns/knife combos are awesome as hell) and really diverse gameplay styles.

easily one of the best games of the year imo

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Just finished it. Great game, but as with most Ubisoft game it's potential was much greater than it's achievements.

Reaction score
I actually just finished a full on Far Cry 3 playthrough stream.

WaffleTheEpic

Probably boring as hell, since I was commentating by myself. xD also got a full Dishonored low chaos playthrough up and a few other random games.

I'd definitely give this game a perfect score if it weren't for that last mission with Vaas. That mission alone and the fact that I consistently got stuck on stairs and shit drops the game from a 10/10 to a 9/10. The rest of the game was rock solid, though.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Other than the fall damage, I couldn't manage to get pissed off at this game. Just superbly done. It leads you along on a story when you want it to, and it pisses off to let you play around and immerse yourself in the metagame for as long as you like. And either way you choose to go in a given session, it's ridiculously fun. The character modelling and voice acting are jaw-dropping. Expected from Ubi Montreal, but christ it's good. Weapons have great ballistics and kick to the point that I was firing off an AK into a flock of birds I intentionally startled just to hear the beautiful goddamn thing punch and caress my eardrums.

The random events that you walk into are often hilarious or frantic and exciting, and are the icing on a beautiful cake. Fuckin' Ubisoft. :wub: If you're on the fence about this game (especially on PC), jump off and buy it.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I've been doing sidequests like a boss. I have every pouch but the extended arrow quiver, and most of the signature weapons (cannon, bull, shredder, AMR, ripper) and I've only just gotten to badtown. :D

I love the AMR for hunting, it's stupidly overpowered, but it's so satisfying bringing a tiger down in one dreadful shot as opposed to putting 3 into it with the M700 Predator and still having it attach to your leg.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I told myself I wouldn't get this until I finished my online course (taking a self-paced online to fill out the semester = bad idea for me), and I'm really regretting that decision :lol:

It's nice hearing real opinions, too, and not just shitty reviews and whiny youtube comments :wub:

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I want this game so bad. I'm getting a little tired of Skyrim after playing it for the past three months. :lol:

BillNephew

Reaction score
Far Cry 3 is my laptop's worst enemy, especially since I'm running it on an AMD A8-4500m and 6gb of DDR3 1600 RAM. Also, you got the micro stuttering that I can't seem to get rid of with all AMD GPU's.

Reaction score
Far Cry 3 is my laptop's worst enemy, especially since I'm running it on an AMD A8-4500m and 6gb of DDR3 1600 RAM. Also, you got the micro stuttering that I can't seem to get rid of with all AMD GPU's.

Yeah, I got it too, but I just sorta wrote it off as being sluggish because of all the shit I was carrying. :lol: It's not just AMD; I'm using an Nvidia Geforce 1GB graphics card and I got that, even on the lowest settings. So I just ran it on high and dealt with it :noplease:
Never really hindered the gameplay or anything, for me. Probably looked like ass on my Twitch.tv stream though :lol:

BillNephew

Reaction score
Also, my AMD A8 tends to run at about 88 C when running that game, even with reapplication of thermal paste with some Arctic Silver 5. I've heard changing from Direct X 11 to Direct X 9 is supposed to alleviate the micro stuttering. Which Nvidia are you using? A newer GTX or an older Geforce like a 9800GT? The only gripe I can see anyone having is the gangbang worth of software you are running in the background just to launch it. If you bought it off of steam, you have to first open up steam. Then you have to open up Ubisoft's shitty Uplay software, and THEN, you get to have the privilege of launching the game you bought after being annoyed by all the DRM crap that Ubisoft always puts in their games.

Reaction score
Geforce 620 GT I think. I actually mod most of my games so that they're Steamless standalones. :B Hate having to run Steam client in the background so I can play games... That stuff is so stupid.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I finished the story a few days ago, now working on all the side stuff, I have liberated all the outposts, completed all the path of the hunter quests, I am also about halfway through the relics and letters of the lost.

This is hands down the best game I have played all year, I love it.

bargil101

Reaction score
I've had this game for about a week now and still haven't been able to play it because I got it for the ps3 when my main console is the xbox, but the gameplay I have seen so far is absolutely amazing and I really can't wait to play it! Even though I haven't played it yet, I'm pretty sure that this is my second favourite game of the year after H
alo 4

Latest posts

')