Fast XF8!!

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Should be here soon! He emailed me a couple of days ago. No new photos, but I'll keep you guys posted!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Update! Pretty much done! He's going to have it reviewed, and then it's off to me! Whoohoo! I gotta say, if it plays even half as good as it looks, I'm in for a real treat.

big_aug

Reaction score
Looks awesome. The burst isn't blended very well behind the bridge though. Looks like it's outlined instead of a nice transition. That's nitpicking. It just popped out when I looked at it though.

Very cool.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I'm sad that the "holy" smiley thing doesn't work anymore, cause it's the only appropriate response. That looks insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanely good.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You guys, Kevin has another one of these that the original client has backed out of. I'm not 100% sure if it's still for sale (it was as of earlier today), but get on FB or contact him in some way. It's not the same specs or finish, but it's a flamed maple top and brown stain. And....only $1500! I'm trying to resist buying that one too, since it's such a killer deal. Someone get it and stop me!

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
dude you need to hire me as your guitar tester, like how kings had taste testers to make sure things weren't poisoned. i'll make sure your guitar are fully sick

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
dude you need to hire me as your guitar tester, like how kings had taste testers to make sure things weren't poisoned. i'll make sure your guitar are fully sick

Hahaha, you might be on to something - not so much a tech, more of a safety measure!

RLG167

Reaction score
Stupid question, but does it come with a case? I don't think you'll be able to find an 8-string Explorer case anywhere!
*Edit* Rondo Music (Agile) makes a case to fit their 8 string Explorer that may actually work

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
You guys, Kevin has another one of these that the original client has backed out of. I'm not 100% sure if it's still for sale (it was as of earlier today), but get on FB or contact him in some way. It's not the same specs or finish, but it's a flamed maple top and brown stain. And....only $1500! I'm trying to resist buying that one too, since it's such a killer deal. Someone get it and stop me!

i like yours better...especially the fret board, but the other one is still a killer looking axe and at a bargain if it plays as nice as it looks.

13880133_10153621637321481_2965227966235110847_n.jpg

RLG167

Reaction score
I have a few friends in prog bands who use 8 strings, I told them about this. Mainly because if one of my friends buys it, I'll get to try it out :D :lol:

RLG167

Reaction score
I think if the burst wasn't as sharp it would look a bit cleaner. It looks great now, just my 2c

')