Fastest alt. picked lick in a metal solo?

• Thread starter m3l-mrq3z
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
I was working on speed picking today and I realized I have "lost bpm", meaning that I am not as fast as, say, last year. Even though I reckon that melodies played at high speeds sound ridiculous and non-musical, I wanted to know which guitar players are able to play at great speed. Which guys you know off that go beyond 16ths at 200 bpm?

What is your personal speed-record, too?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Francesco Fareri and Rusty Cooley are fast as all hell, but I don't know the exact numbers.

Maniacal

Reaction score
Well this guy claims to be able to pick 999bpm

60+ notes a second. He wins :ugh:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
60+ notes/second? Either he has the fast hands nature ever produced or he spent way too much time learning that. :lol:

Maniacal

Reaction score
Of course its a load of shit, and it sickens me that people actually believe it.

Then message me saying"why can't you play it that fast?"

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Slow it down and it's horse shit? I'm not completely sure I follow?

EDIT: Oh... I saw the name Shankle. It all makes sense now.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
unfair.jpg

:lol:

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score

I know I should be tolerant of all guitar players and what they are into, and generally I think I am. But this is a farce. As in buying magical snake oil from a medicine show jack in the beanstalk I'm really gonna get my social security kinda farce. Plus that tone? really? I think Flight Of The Bumblebee is the proper tune for that tone.

I apologize for coming off a little aggravated but guitar as an athletic event? This stuff gets old.:scream::noway:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

dream theatre and vai are both lame as hell so clearly their stuff will not get you girls. most shredders are chest rocking their guitars too so that doesn't help. all together it makes guitar very uncool.

thanks to eddie van halen though, two hand tapping simpler stuff gets the bitches. remember, they go singer -> lead guitarist -> rhythm guitarist -> drummer & bassist. if you break the chain by being a nerd shredder acne farmer, nobody except the singer is getting laid. do your band a service - don't be a shred wanker

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Only stuff girls like matters... :rolleyes: :lol:

We don't do things bc we genuinely enjoy them... Who.the hell would? Amirite?

On a similar note, why would anybody expect any of those things to impress women that don't play guitar when it hardly impresses a large portion of the guitar playing world?

ihunda

Reaction score

I can't imagine how many got neck injuries in the crowd after that show, I mean headbanging at 999 bpm and all.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Only stuff girls like matters... :rolleyes: :lol:

We don't do things bc we genuinely enjoy them... Who.the hell would? Amirite?

On a similar note, why would anybody expect any of those things to impress women that don't play guitar when it hardly impresses a large portion of the guitar playing world?

yes clearly I am being dead serious, absolutely 100% serious. I have not a sarcastic bone in my body. girls really are the only thing that matter and are my #1 consideration when playing live music.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Not necessarily directed at you... Just something I think gets discussed too often particularly since it's a problem that answers itself. :shrug:

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
To me it's weird people talking about speed like if it was a talent.
Speed = metronome.
Talent = what you create with your speed, knowledgement, licks, melody etc.

Fastest players = guys who only do one thing in their lives = play guitar.
Since I started playing in 1994 I always knew I would never be one of the fastest cause I can't stand doing only one thing in my life so I play guitar/bass/keyboards and drums, I play a lot of different sports and I love the ocean/beaches/diving SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, keep myself locked alone inside of a room with a metronome for 8 hours a day would be hell to me.
So there's no surprise about those guys playing like if they were ferraris, they spent their whole lives practicing to get there.Some have talent and know when and how to use their speed to create something interesting, some sound like broken pinball machines and that's the beauty of life...............differences ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')