Favorite compressor plugin?

asetic

Shuffle Groove Lover
Reaction score
What's your favorite compressor plugin and why?
Categorize in guitar/bass/drums/master bus

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrSleepwalker

Reaction score
Waves Renaissance Axx for guitars and bass - super simple but solid, does its job very well, love this plugin.

For the drums: if that's SD I use a built-in compressor, if that's not - I use ReaComp (Reaper default plugin), also use it for sidechain compression.

And no compressors on the master bus, sometimes just a limiter :rolleyes:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
FabFilter Pro-C. Love it! Dozens of reasons. Go check it out and you'll see.

Rev.

Poparad

Street Theorist
Reaction score
The Vertigo from Plugin Alliance is amazing. I don't use it for heavy compression, and I usually use it with other compressors, like the Renaissance Axe, or 1176 or LA2A/3A models, but at light settings, it just adds something to the tracks to make them 'breathe' better. Less flat and dull, and more depth.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Renaissance Axx for guitars (just to level out the dynamics a bit, especially to clamp down on palm mutes and make them more consistent with open notes). CLA 76 for anything heavy like a drum rooms, bass, vocals, anything that needs a bit of nice crunch and saturation, things like that. It's great for parallel compression as well. SSL Channel strip for something more transparent, typically for toms and snares, acoustic, vocals as well sometimes. SSL Comp for master bus every time, just adds this gorgeous but subtle glue to everything without coloring it too much.

Latest posts