Favorite Death Metal Drummers?

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Dave Haley is top class.

I've had the pleasure to watch Shannon Lucas from behind the kit when I played with them in 2007 and he blew me away, truly inspiring.

DiezelRiggs

Reaction score
All my favorite drummers have been mentioned already so I am just going to throw in a few awesome drummers that haven't been mentioned yet, Dave Haley from Psycroptic. Nick Pierce, Rolf "Stuka" Pilve (Miseration, Solution .45.) Romain Goulon from Necrophagist, Hannes Zimmer ex Necrophagist, Obscura. John Merryman from Cephalic Carnage, and even though Periphery isn't deathmetal, I got to hand it to Matt Helpern, he's a fuckin beast and he has a rad blastbeat.

And.... I just realized Dave Haley was already mentioned by Eric86, so yea, that dude is rad.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Hannes Zimmer ex Necrophagist, Obscura. John Merryman from Cephalic Carnage.
And.... I just realized Dave Haley was already mentioned by Eric86, so yea, that dude is rad.

You mean Hans Grossmann dude, Hans Zimmer is a film score composer.

I also mentioned Dave Haley in my above post.

John Merryman has already been mentioned also.

DiezelRiggs

Reaction score
You know, I just realized I did that. I have been talking about Hans Zimmer all week, that's why I did that. Total accident. Lol. Wow. I just realized now that you also mentioned Dave Haley and John had already been mentioned. Apologies. Also *Hannes* doesn't spell his name the way you worded it above, I used to do this, but after being to the Necrophagist site soo many times I finally realized I was spelling his name wrong too. People used to argue with me about the way his name was spelt, childish I know but his page also displays his name written the way I had put it above.

Also, nice to meet you! :) I am new here and I like your taste in drummers and music.

Might-is-Right

As a Lion...
Reaction score
All the guys mentioned are stellar, so many great drummers in the scene right now. To me the guys that really stand out are George Kollias and Inferno from Behemoth. In addition to being brutal both those guys add a different dimension to there respective bands.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Lyn Jeffs from Ingested is one of the best death metal drummers I've ever seen.

He is flawlessly powerful and tight live, so tight it hurts! An uber nice guy too :yesway:

Ignore the fact that the drums are triggered to fuck on this video, he plays it all flawlessly.

Acatalepsy

Reaction score
^ He's a good drummer, but as you say, his drum sound is awful. Not too pushed on the overall production Ingested go for tbh.

Steve08

Reaction score
Definitely Gene Hoglan, Derek Roddy, Marco Minnemann (played for Necrophagist... so I suppose he counts?), Hannes Grossmann, Nick Pearce, Richard Christy... creativity always tops blasting followed by tom rolls at 265 bpm IMO.

BlackWidowESP

fuzzymuffler
Reaction score
Dan Wilding - Aborted
Samus - Abigail Williams
Shannon Lucas - The Black Dahlia Murder
John Merryman - Cephalic Carnage
Gene Hoglan - Death
Lyle Cooper -The Faceless

And even though he's totally not death metal, one of my favorite drummers is Abe Cunningham of the Deftones.