Favorite Dimarzio bridge pickup for "metalcore"

Kendalllikevines

Reaction score
I'd like some opinions on bridge pickups. I have a EBMM JP6 that currently has a crunch lab in the bridge, but I just bought a d-activator for the bridge position. I'm pretty sure everyone's just gonna say go crunch lab, but I think I prefer d-activators. This is the kind of music I play The Winter - Sleeping to Death (ft. Dylan of Learned Hand) - YouTube (excuse the poor recording quality). Any opinion on Dimarzios is welcome. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I use a D-Activator for progressive metal and metalcore and it suits me just fine :yesway:

You may want to try turning the crunch lab around with the bar toward the bridge though, since this will give you a bit more attack and tighter bass

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I was going to suggest the d-activator, so...

Just go with it. :yesway:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I am usually the guy to suggest the EMG 85/60 combo(or any combo involving 85 in the bridge, really).

But the D-activator is equally great. lol

Kendalllikevines

Reaction score
The d-activator has this amazing metallic and bassy tone to it that doesn't get overly treble driven/high end. I've never been able to get that with other pickups.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Lol, I was gunna say D Activator too.

First unanimous SSO thread ever?

Latest posts