Favorite drop C songs?

• Thread starter X14Halo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Is it weird that I actually hate Drop C? I mean, I actually hate the sound of the note.

That being said, I was told that The Faceless plays in C so that'll be my vote. Anything by The Faceless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
Is it weird that I actually hate Drop C? I mean, I actually hate the sound of the note.

That being said, I was told that The Faceless plays in C so that'll be my vote. Anything by The Faceless.

C is one of the most common keys in music, so that means listening to music must suck pretty bad for you.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
BOO - The New Reign
If Hope Dies - Life In Ruin
The Holly Springs Disaster - Motion Sickness Love
As I Lay Dying - 94 hours, Through Seperation
Cancer Bats - Birthing The Giant

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
C is one of the most common keys in music, so that means listening to music must suck pretty bad for you.

The thing that metal guitarists often overlook is that being in a certain tuning does not necessarily dictate what key to play. General metal logic tends to dictate the key to whatever the lowest string is tuned to. It's a misconception and comfort zone that guitarists need to get out of more often.

To requote some of my favorite examples:

Those three songs aren't in the key of C.

Murmel

Reaction score
The thing that metal guitarists often overlook is that being in a certain tuning does not necessarily dictate what key to play. General metal logic tends to dictate the key to whatever the lowest string is tuned to. It's a misconception and comfort zone that guitarists need to get out of more often.

This is something I have a hard time with myself, but with E instead of C because I play mainly in standard.

But I wasn't just referring to metal, C is super common in a lot of music.

nsimonsen

Reaction score
Anything by Misery Signals, I spent years transcribing those records and they opened my eyes to myriad of interesting ideas.
The songwriting in Mirrors alone is stellar.

Djent

Obviously!
Reaction score
Anything from here:

04400772912.jpg

')