Favorite Drummer?

• Thread starter PyramidSmasher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steve08

Reaction score
Tomas Haake, Sean Reinert, Benny Greb, Derek Roddy, Virgil Donati, Mike Heller, Gene Hoglan, Jon Karel, Bobby Jarzombek, Gil Sharone, Chris Pennie, Matt Halpern, Longineu Parsons, Abe Cunningham, John Bonham, Travis Orbin, Gavin Harrison, John Dolmayan, Zach Hill, Steve Smith, Jojo Mayer, Mark Guiliana, Jamie Saint Merat sounds about right...

edit: Definitely Mike Smith and Flo Mounier also.

Augury

f*ckin bow down!
Reaction score
Joey Jordison. Nope just trolling xD

Lyle Cooper (The Faceless), Inferno (Behemoth), Hannes Grossmann (Obscura), Tomas Haake (Meshuggah)

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
The Hog!
genehoglan.jpg

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Sean Reinert. Still amazed how long it took me to understand this guy was as amazing as he is.

Restraint, or lack of it. The ability to choose which to use and when. His amazing chops, and the way he is able to pull out all the stops, yet halfway through pull out everything non-essential and let the music breathe and shine. His playing is absolutely nothing like anyone out there, which puts him right at the top of my list.

I love his use of symmetry, hats, and ride in his kit as well.

degge

Reaction score
Blake Richardson, Mike Portnoy, Marco Minnemann, Matt Halpern, Bobby Jarzombek

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Jean-Paul Gaster, Martin Lopez, Danny Carey, Sean Kinney, Vitek, Flo Mounier, Brann Dailor, Mike Portnoy (got lazy though)

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
In no order of preference:

Richard Christy
Gene Hoglan
Dave Lombardo
Van Williams
Derek Roddy
Tony Laureano
Max Kolesne

Man, someone should invent a Fantasy Metal game, just like Fantasy Football. I'd pick Williams, Roddy and Kolesne!

Latest posts

')