Favorite Guitar Model Shape?

• Thread starter Metal-Box
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew

Reaction score
+1 on the Maxxfly, Fly, and Iceman.

Shame! I forgot a good MaxxFly pic. :scream:

I lost the ability to speak when I saw the NGD thread for the orange custom 7 here. All my want.

Photo-8-USM-DFMV7GG1.jpg

Also, the Iceman would be my #1 if it wasn't so damn heavy and uncontrollable. That shape is pretty much everything rock n' roll carved into wood. It has to have the 70s styling, though.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but there's something about those old-school Epi Wilshires I just love.

Top Five:
1) Epiphone Wilshire
2) Fender Telecaster
3) Fender Stratocaster
4) Fender Jazzmaster
5) Gibson SG

*Honorable Mention Awards: Gibson Les Paul; ESP/LTD EC series; Ibanez S series; Ibanez RGA series; .stranberg* EGS and Varburg shapes.

Reaction score
The JS line from Ibanez. I own a JS1000 in Black Pearl and it is awesome. Perfect color, perfect body style.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 8

rikomaru

Reaction score
adding schecter 00x/ stargazer series as they seem to be based on the rickenbacher (?) bass. :)

xxx128

-108 point(s) total
Reaction score
Like : Les Paul, Random Star, explorer, Flying V

Dislike: Randy Rhoads, Strats

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
I completely agree with you. I do like the MaxxFly shape, however. Also, it's the only way to get a Parker 7 that I'm aware of.

Having played the 7 string MaxxFly that NaYoN owns (bright orange custom), I feel like the shape is superior to the original Fly only because the upper horn doesn't awkwardly jab my chest. Still love the look of the Fly Deluxe shape and would pounce all over a Fly Deluxe 7 string :agreed:

')