Favorite Local Bands

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I love these dudes to death, and may jam with em if they can't find a guitar player

Another one of my faves, features Matt Thompson from King Diamond on drums

and
mine

fuck we need a drummer!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Copied and pasted from another thread:

Doramah

dora mah on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Their singer is a former band mate of mine and one of my closest friends. The EX False Truth guys are fantastic as well.

Bushido

BUSHIDO (AUS) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

My old band gave them their first gig (formerly known as Sterling Moss) opening for us back then, then my band broke up, now they're well known as a formidable live band. The guitarist owes me a gig dammit! :lol:

Tim McMillan Band

Tim McMillan - Northcote Social Club, July 19 on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Acoustic band, who put on a very unpredictable yet dazzling show. Another EX Full Scale member (Crudy) on drums. Nice guys too.

Asami

Asami on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Something different. Acoustic pop, purely added because the drummer for one of my bands (one of my best friends) is now playing guitar for her.

Low Rent

Low Rent on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The prog band that I play bass in just got a new singer, and he's the same singer for this band. A bit different though, country mixed with David Lynch style weirdness.

None The Wiser

None The Wiser on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Singer/guitarist of this band also plays drums in the prog band I'm in. More of the pop/punk flavour.

Root!

ROOT! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

For those who saw my TISM appreciation thread, this is the new band that was born from the ashes of Tism. Same humour intact. :lol:

The Day Everything Became Nothing

The Day Everything Became Nothing on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Blood Duster Vocalist Tony Forde's 'other' band, featuring Fuck...I'm Dead guitarist Dave Hill.

Fuck... I'm Dead

Fuck I'm Dead on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Might as well promote these guys too eh? :yesway:

Sleep Parade

SLEEP PARADE on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

More Melbourne heavyweights. These guys opened for Porcupine Tree last year. Another band doing extremely well.

A Sound Mind

A Sound Mind on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I was in a band that opened for these guys two years ago. Nice guys and a great sound.

4Arm

4Arm on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I suppose a little shameless promotion is ok right? :ugh: It's the only band of the 3 I'm in that's currently considered active and has proper recording. :lol:

The Vitruvian Man (Band)

http://www.myspace.com/vitruvianmanband

More shameless promo, demos coming very soon (hopefully).

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
Threads like this just end up being a bunch of posts that no one ever views. People see it as competition to post as many bands as they can, and totally lose sight of the promotion aspect of things. Honestly, and I know it isn't just me, I can pretty much promise that most, if not all of you have not looked beyond your own posts.

Do the world a favor and give each band a listen, like I'm doing now. You might discover something awesome!

')