Favorite Local Bands

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I figured we should have a thread on your favorte local bands from your area. And by local, I mean bands that still play in the local scene. Like if you're from Des Moines, Slipknot does not count as a local band. So let's begin!

Mine would have to be both of m friends' bands.

Beyond the Blight:
[myspacevid]48440183[/myspacevid]

and

The Hour of Betrayal:

Yes, I know. Probably not everyone's niche, but still fun to go out to the shows and mosh with them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeddyH

Reaction score
Geez local band with some sort of video, i can only find one

A friend the video clip for Media class, awesome coat was the teachers and it got sauce stains on it, so it had to be dry cleaned

Reaction score
Calgary bands that I dig are:

Exit Strategy is a pretty cool band. They play techy deathgrind that still has some sweet groove. 7 string content in here.

Snake Mountain play instrumetal that is both spacey and crushing. They packed it in this year which is too bad cause they were a great band.

Kataplexis are another death metal band. Tons of groove, brutal vocals and the drummer is a beast.

I Die Screaming play technical sweepy grind. They are a 3 piece consiting of drums, guitars, vocals and they are pretty cool.

Caveat play progressive metal. Great musicians, great songs. 3 out of 4 dudes in this band play in Exit Strategy. Caveat also decided to call it a day recently.

There is a band called Akakor that play crazy fast, complex, crushing deathmetal. They are recording right now and I hope they get some recordings up soon because the videos on their myspace don't do them justice. They have a 6 string and a 7 string guitar player and the bass player plays a 6 string bass and does a shit ton of cool tapping stuff.

Ahnabith Gish play experimental rock/post-rock. They just recorded a new album that is phenomenal. I have only heard it a few times so far and it will probably be one of my tops for the year.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Switchback from Switzerland! Hell yeah!

[myspacevid]26192000[/myspacevid]
1489487488_l.jpg

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calgary bands that I dig are:
Caveat play progressive metal. Great musicians, great songs. 3 out of 4 dudes in this band play in Exit Strategy. Caveat also decided to call it a day recently.
And two of them have now formed Phantom Limb with Tempered's former drummer!! Be on the lookout for them when they're ready. :shred:

I also enjoy from Calgary:

Divinity

Day One

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
Snake Mountain play instrumetal that is both spacey and crushing. They packed it in this year which is too bad cause they were a great band.
Agreed. I played a show with 'em in august. Awesome live show! Wearing their shirt right now actually haha.

favourite locals: The Synaesthetic Not really metal, but awesome/creepy rock with dual guitar harmonies. I'd recommend "third degree".

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Scale the Summit!

I don't think they are all from Houston, but they have centralized (I guess you could call it that?) in Houston. And they definitely still play local shows, at less than $10 a ticket!

There's another band, I wish I could remember their name, they used to open all the Roadrunner metal shows that came to town. They were quite funny and nu-metalish. Their best song was a metal version of the chicken pot pie song.

OwlsHaveEyes

Josh Gauges
Reaction score
Fight To Win
The Framecell
Disaria
Beneath The Gallows
Tuesdays With Morrie
Raised By Falcons
Kuolema
Forsaken The Sky
Hooker In The Morgue
Margo (RIP)

Breakdown

Reaction score
Destruction Of A Rose

Destruction Of A Rose on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The Murder Ballad
The Murder Ballad [MSG us 4 for tickets!!!!!!!!!!] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

And

The Seventh Plague
The Seventh Plague (ANAHEIM 2/24!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

i don't think you guys will like their music though
but these are my favorite local bands. We don't have too much variety in vegas mostly metalcore or emo/screamo

brahminlead

Reaction score
Jean Grey-Technical deathcore. Pretty groovy. myspace.com/jeangreymusic

DRAH-Weird mix of styles. Most prevalent influences are Meshuggah and Static-X. Sounds awful, but it's sick. myspace.com/drah541

Atonement-Through the Eyes of the Dead/Whitechapel/All Shall Perish/Behemoth. myspace.com/atonementucne

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Mine are:

Time Of Departure

Where Eagles Dare

Brothers In Arms(Mosh metal most of you would hate, but all good friends of mine.)

Lastly, Red Son. I can't find any vids of them though.

')