Favorite Local Music??

• Thread starter PyramidSmasher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Local bands that have shaped me and my music

and not exactly local but one of my best friends who I went to high school with is the guitarist in this band and the bassist is from this area too now.

tm20

Reaction score
Resist The Thought, straight outta Sydney :D

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
Being from Indiana tends to be awful for being a music fanatic/musician, but luckily, a band managed to get SOME success from my hometown.

They are called AEGAEON. And they're some pretty awesome Deathcore, with ambient leads and such. Very interesting. Check them out!

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I love these guys. Got to jam with them a few times and loved it. :D

These guys are up and coming out here and are really good. I got to see them just before being kicked out of a venue out here.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Darkness Protocol:

They're a local thrash band out here. Rhythm guitarist is dating my cousin, and their lead guitarist is the guitarist in my Pantera tribute band. Due to some personal issues, said lead guitarist is on an extended hiatus from music at the moment so everyone is trying to find temps until he gets those issues cleared up.

I digress though. This band in particular is one of the hardest working ones out here. They have plenty of shows going and have opened for some big name acts (including one Jeff Loomis)

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Cannibal corpse is from Buffalo so theres them. as far as small local bands that are awesome I'd say Malformed, Order of the Dead, chillum and Neo-thiest

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

teamSKDM

Reaction score

these guys are my favorite in our local music scene.
even though they recently got signed to e one goodfight a few months ago, i still concider them local. they still are playing local shows.

also relatively arguably local is ovids withering.

and "empires" who changed their name to war within.

and some friends from my high school, in a band called antic that may just be going places in the rock world.

also a day to remember is from my town but fuck them.

aturaya

Reaction score

Both bands played their final show together a few weeks ago.

zgov

Reaction score
Being from Indiana tends to be awful for being a music fanatic/musician, but luckily, a band managed to get SOME success from my hometown.

They are called AEGAEON. And they're some pretty awesome Deathcore, with ambient leads and such. Very interesting. Check them out!

Yes! My cousins band dood I couldnt be happier with them, its amazing how big theyve gotten for bein from Evansville

')