Favorite metal band?

• Thread starter Ancestor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
In Flames - Clayman and earlier
Soilwork
Nevermore
Arch Enemy
The Absence
Iced Earth
Megadeth
Dark Tranquillity
Unearth

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like too many bands to really pick a favorite, and there are just way too many genres of metal out there to really narrow it down. Tool is metal, but so is Soilwork, and they're very different types of music.

If I had to pick a alltime fav, probably either Maiden or Queensryche. I very much dig every band in Aldog's list as well. :metal:

(Though as far as In Flames, I think RTR is their best work, Clayman a close second - Bullet Ride is such a killer song.)

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
In Flames' new material is good for what it is, but my favorite stuff of theirs is still the older stuff. Same goes for Soilwork. But both bands' new stuff is still leaps and bounds above what is normally on the radio these days.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't really care for Come Clarity all that much. It's not nearly as groove-laden as their older work.

But both bands' new stuff is still leaps and bounds above what is normally on the radio these days.

It sure is. :agreed:

Makelele

Reaction score
My favorite In Flames stuff is "Whoracle", then "Come Clarity", "Clayman" and "The Jester Race". I also like "Soundtrack to Your Escape" and "Reroute to Remain" a lot. I haven't heard "Lunar Strain" or "Subterranean" so I can't comment on those.

But my favorite metal bands are Opeth, Pain of Salvation and In Flames.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Reroute & STTYE were really weak, IMO.

Whoracle & Colony are the pinnacle, i think

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Meshuggah's ability, but I can't get into them at all.

Roland777

Reaction score
Bah.

Oh well, atleast you guys are being cool about it. Any other place, and it'd be all "Mesguggah sux because theyr noise!" or "They play off-beat constantly" or some other bogus. Not liking something because you can't care to comprehend it is bullshit - it's another thing entirely if it's just not your cup of tea.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I really respect Meshuggah for what they do. I'm just not into them personally. I tried to get into them once, but just couln't do it.

Reaction score
Some of my favorite metal bands at the moment are Isis, Immolation, Cryptopsy, Nevermore, Symphony X, and Arcturus. Those are just the ones I'm into at the moment. Give me a month or so and I'll probably have a new batch.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
first and foremost, Death. Chuck was a genius, and i love being able to listen from scream bloody gore all the way up to control denied and hear his musical abilities progress, he was a truly great musician, and will never be forgotten. 2nd would have to be Nevermore, as Loomis is the reason why i ever bought a 7 string. Randy Rhoads era ozzy is also high up on the list, as Randy is why i picked up a guitar in the first place. i also enjoy stuff like buckethead, paul gilbert/racer x, bolt thrower, amon amarth, dark tranquility, fates warning, queensryche, and rush. and how could i forget Opeth...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
I really respect Meshuggah for what they do. I'm just not into them personally. I tried to get into them once, but just couln't do it.
Thats pretty much what happened to me.

hippo - Cryptopsy \m/

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
After some meditation and self-contemplation I've narrowed it down to 5:

Rammstein
Puya
Megadeth
Anthrax
Christophe Godin (He preaches the praises of Vigier, as well as kicks ass)

Latest posts

')