Favorite song to play on the bass?

• Thread starter david1405
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonfly

Reaction score

This, it has relative fast stuff, it has tapping, it has nice harmonic stuff near the end, lot's of variation for a short song, so lot of fun to play it! :D

Other PTH stuff are also fun to play on bass, tapping, slapping, fast licks, cool non-metal riffs in a metal setting: it's great!
Besides PTH I like to play some BTBAM song too (like Selkies), and RHCP songs are also great fun to play on bass! (Slap away with the Californication album!)

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Dream Theater - Lifting Shadows of a Dream

It is super easy but I am in love with bass harmonics

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not much of a "techy" kinda bassist to be honest, so PTH stuff is beyond what I can do:lol:

Really, basically anything Rage Against the Machine is right up my alley for stuff I really enjoy playing on bass.
I just really get off to deep grooves that are tight in the pocket on bass, and a lot of general funky stuff.

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
I'm not much of a "techy" kinda bassist to be honest, so PTH stuff is beyond what I can do:lol: Really, basically anything Rage Against the Machine is right up my alley for stuff I really enjoy playing on bass.
+1

I love RATM. Guitar and bass too. The first thing I learned was Killing in the Name of.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Depends.

Double bass, it's this, beyond a doubt:

On the electric, probably some Maiden. It's an endurance exercise in gallop-rhythm chops, and since there's about five chords per song it's a fun set of tunes to play. If it's not Maiden, Primus, because Les Claypool is insane and while I can only really play two or three Primus songs, they're always impressive.

Eh, or some Opeth ballads from when they had DeFarfalla on bass. Any excuse for fretless widdling.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
lots of Maximum the hormone's stuff and RHCP is in my repertoire at the moment because I wanna get some good slapping technique going. I love slap/pop and feel like mixing it with heavy music works quite well.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
RHCP is in my repertoire at the moment because I wanna get some good slapping technique going. I love slap/pop and feel like mixing it with heavy music works quite well.

:hbang: gotta let the bootie juices flow:shred::lol:

')