Favorite Trem Config?

• Thread starter giannifive
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite trem config, and why?

• Total voters

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
Just installed a Tremsetter on my 7 and I'm loving it. Thought I'd have some fun with a poll. What's your favorite trem config and why? For now, my fave is a stabilized Floyd, since it allows you to do in-tune compound bends while still allowing you to do crazy trem work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
The only trem configurations that I will even touch are not even available on a 7-string, short of the expensive custom route. The first is Kahler cam trems, which will run a $650 custom build pricetag, and OFR non-recessed, but they don't make a long block for the 7-string version. So, fixed for me.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Traditional, dive-only, with a D-Tuna. Good enough for Eddie... :lol:

Although a Tremel-no may well find it's way into my arsenal at some point. I love the idea...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dead heat between a tremol-no equipped Floyd and a high quality two-point traditional dive-only. Different trems for different purposes, really.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Full on floating Lo Pro. To hell with stop tailpieces and easy tuning :fawk:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Fully Floating w/ Tremol-no (I NEED ONE!) or fixed.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
if you're going to go trem, you'd might as well go the full 9 yards and go full floating.

i'd have voted for the Tremol-No option, but i don't have one yet! :)

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew, Hatebreeder: I thought you guys were gung-ho Tremsetter users, at least according to what I read in old posts. What made you change your minds?

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
The only trem configurations that I will even touch are not even available on a 7-string, short of the expensive custom route. The first is Kahler cam trems, which will run a $650 custom build pricetag, and OFR non-recessed, but they don't make a long block for the 7-string version. So, fixed for me.
Just looked at the Kahler trems. Man are those funny looking! I don't doubt they perform well, though.

NewArmyGuitar

Fueled by Satan
Contributor
Reaction score
Until I can get a Tremol-No (and a guitar that actually needs it), I'll stick with a fixed bridge.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
giannifive said:
Drew, Hatebreeder: I thought you guys were gung-ho Tremsetter users, at least according to what I read in old posts. What made you change your minds?

I Have a "Black Box" that came in my 1077XL, its basically like a European Tremsetter. Its pretty cool. I think the Tremol-no would just be more flexable.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
since tremol-no's are not availible just yet !!! I still swere by my tremsetters...

Reaction score
I always prefer fully-floating, unless I'm doing a gig where breaking a string would be a disaster. Then I use the dive-only floyd trems. For example, if I break a string in the middle of a Broadway-type gig, it is impossible to switch guitars until after the scene is over (I'm usually on stage, and it would totally f-up the scene and p/o the director). I'd be fired if I was unable to finish a song (in tune), after breaking a string. I need the trem for my playing style, and dive-only trems have saved my life a couple times to date.

There's my 2¢.

Woo Hoo!! This is my 69th post! Such a milestone! :metal:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I prefer a fixed bridge. Why? Mainly because using the trem will slowly but surely put my guitar our of tune. Also, because if I break a string on a trem-equipped guitar during a show, all the strings go out of tune and I can't continue playing. With a fixed bridge, I simply lose one string, but can continue playing the rest of the song with that string missing, still in tune. And also, bending, vibrato, and other such techniques sound more solid on a fixed-bridge.

If I had a floating-trem that never went out of tune (or went out of tune just as much as a fixed bridge), I'd love it and use it every day like a madman.

Some may say Tremol-no will fix all those problems. But it's not available yet, so I can't say anything about it. That's why I picked "no trem - fixed bridge"

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I like my fixed bridges. Personally I do't really use a trem, so it's kind of pointless for me. But I do have 3 Ibanez's with either floyd's or lo pros and they're not too bad, but they still get frustrating when changing strings, breaking strings, experimenting with different tunings, etc...although I am VERY interested in checking out a tremel-no when they're available!!

tongueofcolicab

kali is the sweethog
Reaction score
i usually prefer floating trems, but lately i've been blocking my tremolo. simply because i experiment with alot of tunings and i love the fine tuners, but hate how floating trems always go wacko when i try to change something on it. so there. =]

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
giannifive said:
Just installed a Tremsetter

...it allows you to do in-tune compound bends while still allowing you to do crazy trem work.

Really? I wasn't aware of this. I may need to get one.

Sleeper

Reaction score
I'm can vouch for the Tremsetter helping with compound bends as I have one in my RG1527, but it seems you can't install both a Tremsetter AND a Tremolo-No. I'm looking into replacing the Tremsetter with either the BlackBox like Hatebreeder has, or an ESP Arming Adjuster. They seem to be compatible with the Tremol-No. Hopefully that'll give the best of both worlds.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the tremsetter is compatible with the the Tremol-no.

')