Favourite female vocalists

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been listening to Blackmore's Night lately, so my vote goes to Candice Night.

i'll drink to that.

add to my list:
-Sabina Classen / Holy Moses
-Floor Jansen / After Forever
-Rachel Klosterwood / Sinister
-

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

Reaction score
my favorite song by the gathering is eleanor. So good, so good..

Ibanez_Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
In no particular order:

Annie Lennox
Sarah McLachlan
Bjork
Enya
Kate Bush
Harriet Wheeler (the Sundays) IMO she is criminally underrated
Chrissie Hynde
Pat Benatar
Janis Joplin
Amy Ray / Emily Saliers

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
Of course, the Wilson sisters from Heart rock, and Amy Lee and Christina from Lacuna Coil are in my tops.

I also love Sandra Nasić from the Guano Apes and Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde. I've been listening to both a lot lately.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like Martha Reeves, Freda Paine and Aretha Franklin for motown and soul....but for heavier rock and metal, I don't know who to pick honestly, I like Tori Amos but I like Bjork too and Fiona Apple is one I like too.... I still think Christina Aguilera is pretty damn talented too, that girl can sing!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Amy Lee of course, and Cristina Scabbia.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm listening to this song at work right now.
shit this was great stuff, too bad lousy timing on thier part, grunge killed them. :wallbash:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
evanescence are the nickelback for girls :p

LMFAO... agreed, wait... isn't Nickleback for girls? :spock: Amy Lee is downright grating, IMHO, as as much as I like Lacuna Coil (mostly for their occasional great songwriting, and decent production), Scabbia is above par, but not spectacular. Guys into hard rock, metal, & prog just aren't used to hearing the female voice so when one comes along that can hold pitch, everyone's like ohhhh... ahhh... [shrugs] For my money, Tina Root (Switchblade Symphony) is the shit. :bowdown: Unfortunately, her current trip hop leanings (Tre Lux) really haven't showcased her voice quite like the old. S.S. days. :noway:

There's also a slew of great female vocalists featured on Ayreon's projects that stand out as great: Sharon den Adel, Heather Findlay, and the incomparable Astrid van der Veen from the Ambeon: Fate Of A Dreamer album.

Wiz

Reaction score
Well, I just don't really like lacuna coil in general. The singer is good, but their music is way too repetitive, songs are so similar that they get annoying very quickly.

Speaking of ayreon:

Marcela Bovio <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

the xkill X

Reaction score
free dominguez-Solo Act,Ex Kidneytheieves
Bjork-Solo Act
kirsty hawkshaw-Solo act,trance electroncia music,can be heard on dj tiesto just be.
Cristina Scabbia-lacuna coil

Latest posts

')