Favourite looking headstock?

• Thread starter ProgCorey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ProgCorey

Reaction score
I'm looking at designing a custom seven at the moment, and one thing that I'm stuck on is the design of the headstock.

I'm usually a fan of the reversed Jackson style headstock you see on superstrats and whatnot, but I haven't found a really nice looking seven version of one.

I'd like to see what you guys think. if you could post pics it would be even better :yesway:

I know this thread sounds a little bit silly..but I think the headstock can really make or break the look of a guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I know it probably makes me seem dull, but I'm still a big fan of the Strat headstock.

800px-Fender_Stratocaster_Headstock.jpg

Or some of its variants, like the oversized '70s CBS headstocks...

F70S-BLK-MPL_headstock-front.jpg

Or the Washburn Nuno siggie headstocks...

30U-15509_headstock-front.jpg

Sebastian

Reaction score
Jackson Reversed is also my fav :metal: and a Reversed Ibanez 7 as well :)

ProgCorey

Reaction score

Yeah those headstocks look pretty nice, but it doesn't suit the style I'm going for.

The guitar I can say looks closest to what I'm going for is this:
e-cy-165ctm.jpg

The whole Caparison 27-fret, with the Ibanez/jackson look of these Edwards, without the wanky fretboard inlays/bindings. And of course in 7 string haha

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fav Reversed: Jackson Reversed 7
IMG_0158.JPG

Fav Normal: Jackson 7
fQSt2.jpg

I am a little biased though :lol:

lookralphsbak

Reaction score
My favorite headstocks are ones that look like this
4119376498_c91d35cc24.jpg

hellraiser_headstock.jpg

I don't really like a headstock with all the tuners on one side... Although I don't think they are ugly, I just prefer the "standard" style headstock (I guess) with 3 on one side 3 on the other or whatever the amount of strings/pegs you have... However the only style I actually find kind of unattractive is the reverse headstock haha

mountainjam

Reaction score
This. My favorite by far. But if you use this HS, be prepared for everyone to tell you not to rip off BM.

That's pretty nice right there...what's a bm? :lol:No, really, I've never seen/heard of that before

')