Fear Factory - Aggression Continuum

• Thread starter sonoftheoldnorth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I'll be honest, this is the best Burton sounded in a long time. I also think I hear Tony doing backing vocals, that or Burton's deep growls got REALLY intense. Kind of sucks that Burton left, because it sounds like his voice kinda got back in shape, at least in the studio.

The reverb or whatever they’ve got on the vocals remind of something off of Transgression. But yeah, I don’t hate it (even if I want to :lol:).

mastapimp

Reaction score
I heard this on Liquid Metal yesterday and thought it was just okay, but after seeing the video and listening a few more times I'm digging it a lot more than I thought I would. Actually kind of sad that Burton's not gonna be with the band anymore if this turns out to be a solid release.

Noisy Humbucker

Reaction score
I heard this on Liquid Metal yesterday and thought it was just okay, but after seeing the video and listening a few more times I'm digging it a lot more than I thought I would. Actually kind of sad that Burton's not gonna be with the band anymore if this turns out to be a solid release.

I kind of hope they throw him a bone from the album sales, even if there’s no legal obligation.

I know it wouldn’t be enough to live off of, but I could see a future if Burton wanted to contribute as a “collaborator” and they just focused on studio albums and merch (no touring).

Such a stupid situation.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I kind of hope they throw him a bone from the album sales, even if there’s no legal obligation.

I know it wouldn’t be enough to live off of, but I could see a future if Burton wanted to contribute as a “collaborator” and they just focused on studio albums and merch (no touring).

Such a stupid situation.

IIRC he's the main lyricist of FF, and I imagine they need to credit him for that regardless of his ownership since I'm sure he wrote the lyrics he's singing. Will probably be paid for that due to credits.

As for Burton coming back... we'll see? In recent interviews, he's still really pissed off about it all, and even talked about how bad it got during the Genexus sessions. Hell even though Dino tried to be cordial at first, he's starting to jab back at Burton. Even going as far as saying how bad his recent live performances were.

Noisy Humbucker

Reaction score
IIRC he's the main lyricist of FF, and I imagine they need to credit him for that regardless of his ownership since I'm sure he wrote the lyrics he's singing. Will probably be paid for that due to credits.

As for Burton coming back... we'll see? In recent interviews, he's still really pissed off about it all, and even talked about how bad it got during the Genexus sessions. Hell even though Dino tried to be cordial at first, he's starting to jab back at Burton. Even going as far as saying how bad his recent live performances were.

That’s just it - I don’t really want him to “come back” per se, every iteration of a functioning FF band has ended badly. If anything collaborate on albums with no intent of performing live or just let it (finally) end.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That’s just it - I don’t really want him to “come back” per se, every iteration of a functioning FF band has ended badly. If anything collaborate on albums with no intent of performing live or just let it (finally) end.

I mean that I get the impression that Dino and Burton probably don't want to have anything to do with each other at all anymore. At first it seemed like "whatever" from both camps. Now it's pretty nasty. Dino is pretty intent on continuing without Burton, and seems to already have a replacement lined up?

Noisy Humbucker

Reaction score
I mean that I get the impression that Dino and Burton probably don't want to have anything to do with each other at all anymore. At first it seemed like "whatever" from both camps. Now it's pretty nasty. Dino is pretty intent on continuing without Burton, and seems to already have a replacement lined up?

Yeah I hear you, just my pie in the sky. I’m a fan of post-Max Sepultura, but I have a hard time envisioning FF sans Burton.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I'll be honest, this is the best Burton sounded in a long time. I also think I hear Tony doing backing vocals, that or Burton's deep growls got REALLY intense. Kind of sucks that Burton left, because it sounds like his voice kinda got back in shape, at least in the studio.

And I dig it to be honest. 2:18 was giving me Divine Heresy vibes.

i tought the same thing to myself on burtons vocal performance. this could be the best he has had since reformation.
also agree about the DH vibes on the riffs

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Never been a fan of FF but this is definitely not bad at all. I don't like the clean vocals (never did), but everything else on there is solid.
I always thought the vocals were the weak link in FF, so I'm mostly excited to hear a new vocalist in there. IMO someone like Christian Älvestam (ex- Scar Symmetry) would make the band so much better.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Never been a fan of FF but this is definitely not bad at all. I don't like the clean vocals (never did), but everything else on there is solid.
I always thought the vocals were the weak link in FF, so I'm mostly excited to hear a new vocalist in there. IMO someone like Christian Älvestam (ex- Scar Symmetry) would make the band so much better.

Seems like he's interested in finding and unknown guy (or gal).

')