Fear Factory - Aggression Continuum

• Thread starter sonoftheoldnorth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Definitely big Demanufacture vibes on FISM (which is a good thing). That chorus though… maybe it’ll grow on me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Definitely big Demanufacture vibes on FISM (which is a good thing). That chorus though… maybe it’ll grow on me?

I was gonna say that this song sounded more like a continuation of Genexus to me because of the chorus. I know FF has always had some melodic choruses, but there's this certain forumla to the songs that the band mixed up during Genexus that I'm hearing on that album and the 2 new songs.

Noisy Humbucker

Reaction score
I was gonna say that this song sounded more like a continuation of Genexus to me because of the chorus. I know FF has always had some melodic choruses, but there's this certain forumla to the songs that the band mixed up during Genexus that I'm hearing on that album and the 2 new songs.

On second listen the verse vocals almost give me more of a Transgression vibe, but yeah since Genexus it’s all jumbled up. :shrug:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
After listening to it, to me it seems like a better sounding Genexus. Dino seemed to find a formula with that album he liked and stuck with it. Only downside is the drums sound... there. :lol: Heller's drumming doesn't grab me like Ray's or Gene's.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I liked the album a lot. I feel like the opening track is fairly weak for an opening track. I have to say manufactured hope and monolith are my favorites. It's pretty good overall.

KailM

Reaction score
This is Burton C. Bell on vocals, right?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
This is Burton C. Bell on vocals, right?
Yep, for sure the vocals are from the 2017 Monolith sessions (when Dino claims that's the last time he spoke with Burton). Same with the guitars + some overdubs that were done recently. Drums and synths I THINK were done recently as well. Not sure about bass.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Not a big fan, but I may check it out since I've been following this thread awhile. I enjoyed the song from the Saw II soundtrack, which I think was COW on guitars.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I was not aware that their albums were conceptual, and some of them are based on The Terminator, so I think I need to check their stuff out a little more closely.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was not aware that their albums were conceptual, and some of them are based on The Terminator, so I think I need to check their stuff out a little more closely.

Yeah at least Dino is a Terminator and Mad Max fanboy. The song Pisschrist even samples the T800 "theme".

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah at least Dino is a Terminator and Mad Max fanboy. The song Pisschrist even samples the T800 "theme".
I learned recently that Lance Henriksen (Aliens, Pumpkinhead, Millennium) was initially cast as Terminator, and even used in selling the idea to executives. However, they decided, for some reason, that they needed a big muscle bound version, so it went to Schwarzenegger. Alternately, the idea of a sleek, unassuming Terminator was reused in T2, giving Robert Patrick the role. The reason mostly revolved around the idea that Blackie Lawless was too big to play the T-1000. I'd love to go to the alternate reality with Lance Henriksen as the T-800 and Blackie Lawless as the T-1000.

Noisy Humbucker

Reaction score
The beginning to Zero Signal is also straight from The Terminator. Kind of neuters that scene when the guitars don’t hit (being that I’ve heard the song many, many more times than I’ve seen the movie).

Werecow

Reaction score
The reason mostly revolved around the idea that Blackie Lawless was too big to play the T-1000. I'd love to go to the alternate reality with Lance Henriksen as the T-800 and Blackie Lawless as the T-1000.
Wtf. That conjures up all sorts of weird scenes in my head. "I need your clothes, your boots, and your B.C. Rich" :lol:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Wtf. That conjures up all sorts of weird scenes in my head. "I need your clothes, your boots, and your B.C. Rich" :lol:
The other movie he was supposed to star in was Trick or Treat, but he refused to mime to Fastway, so he lost out of the part of Sami Curr.

Lead singer of heavy metal band WASP, Blackie Lawless, was considered for the role of the liquid-metal T-1000, although his height proved to be a problem. The role of the original Terminator had been written for a man of average stature, who could easily blend in to a crowd, and James Cameron wanted to apply that original concept to dramatic effect for the T-1000. In an AOL chat, Lawless explained, "Probably the biggest regret that I have, though I didn't turn it down, was a part in Terminator 2 that Robert Patrick got. Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted me to do the part, but when he found out I was 6'4", I couldn't. I regret not being able to do that."

W.A.S.P. frontman, Blackie Lawless had auditioned to play Sammi Curr. He was close to getting the role and even offered to do the whole soundtrack album if he got the part. But when director, Charles Martin Smith told Blackie that they got Fastway to do the soundtrack and he would be lip-syncing to them, Blackie refused the role, telling Smith that he didn't need Fastway's music when he had his own band to do the music.

')