Fear Factory- Millenium

• Thread starter King Snarll
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
OK, I am still digesting the new Fear Factory, but so far I am feeling let down. Then the track Millenium comes on. The intro riffs sound sweet, yet familiar. Then the vocals start, and it hits me, they are covering the awesome song Millenium by Killing Joke! I have to be honest, it is nowhere near as good as the original. A really bad choice to cover IMHO. Maybe folks who don't know the original will like it, but us old folks who know better, won't.

I hope the album grows on me soon. This used to be one of my favorite bands and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt in the post-Dino era, but it isnt going too well on this album.

Snarllmiester

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
Ahh yes, let down. That is exactly how I felt when I talked my dad into buying me Demanufacture when it came out. Let down and embarassed. I had just got finished telling him how heavy and brutal Fear Factory was, then we popped it in the tape player and BLECH!

sepsis311

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
the new album trangresion sucks. i was so dissapointed when i heard it. The last one was good, i really was happy with christian playing guitar. But now that he's playing six strings, and ripping off lamb of god, hes starting to really piss me off.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Kane said:
Ahh yes, let down. That is exactly how I felt when I talked my dad into buying me Demanufacture when it came out. Let down and embarassed. I had just got finished telling him how heavy and brutal Fear Factory was, then we popped it in the tape player and BLECH!

So, you actually liked Soul of a New Machine?

I thought Demanufacture was a great metal album.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
desertdweller said:

SOANM is awesome! That's what got me into them. I saw FF opening for Sepultura on the Chaos A.D. tour. I was floored and bought SOANM the next day.

Hey Kane, if you liked SOANM, check out the CD by Meathook Seed called "Embedded." This was pre-FF. It's basically industrial grindcore with members of Napalm Death & Obituary. :hbang:

http://www.meathookseed.com/

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
I'm afraid I didn't care for the two samples they had there Shannon. Do you listen to the Berzerker? These guys are insane, my favorite industrial style Death-Grind. These drums are triggered but real. And I love the way they churn out such melodic, but brutal riffs.

http://www.theberzerker.com/soundfiles/NoOneWinsMp3.mp3

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Kane said:
I'm afraid I didn't care for the two samples they had there Shannon. Do you listen to the Berzerker? These guys are insane, my favorite industrial style Death-Grind. These drums are triggered but real. And I love the way they churn out such melodic, but brutal riffs.

http://www.theberzerker.com/soundfiles/NoOneWinsMp3.mp3

Yeah, I'm aware of them. I just never cared for the distorted drum machine they use. Cool DM riffs though.

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
That's not a drum machine. They used one on the first album, but on the second album, the one that clip is from, it's a real drummer.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
desertdweller said:

:agreed: Demanufacture is awesome. My favorite FF album has always been Obsolete.:yesway:

justjunk7

Reaction score
If you guys like FF, check out The Project Hate. They don't sound like FF, but I like them, and like some of FF's stuff, it's different.

They have a female vocalist, as well as a male vocalist. Like angels vs demons. The male vocalist is Jorgen Sandstrom, who was the bassist for Entombed for a while, and also was the vocalist from the early Grave albums.

So yeah, some Swedish death metal... but with plenty of twists. Different, but good.

There's some sound clips from their next album that's due out in October, as well as a few full songs.

I know it's not FF related, but just thought I'd share the info with those who might be interested, because I am always looking for new music to try out.

http://www.theprojecthate.net

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still digesting it too. Got some really good songs, and some really crappy ones. Couple of songs remind me of Digimortal, which is a bad thing. But some of the songs are really good, like Transgression and the Best Buy bonus song Empire. Still gotta listen to it more. Not as good as Archetype was. Which is a shame.

What I found funny, is that listening to the album I thought "This one song sounds like something U2 would write..." Then I looked at the liner notes and noticed it WAS a U2 song! I guess that's a bit of a compliment for them doing the cover? Whatever.

olsta

Reaction score
sepsis311 said:
the new album trangresion sucks. i was so dissapointed when i heard it. The last one was good, i really was happy with christian playing guitar. But now that he's playing six strings, and ripping off lamb of god, hes starting to really piss me off.

Christian plays his 7 throughout the whole album man

XIEmperorIX

\m/ Metal Dan \m/
Reaction score
olsta said:
Christian plays his 7 throughout the whole album man

Yeah it definetly sounds like he does. I honsetly don't see where he rips off Lamb of God..except for a riff on the 2nd track that KINDA sounds like lamb of god..otherwise it's still FF...

rx

Reaction score
don't tell me you bought that album.... I downloaded mine and planning on erasing it soon :D

XIEmperorIX

\m/ Metal Dan \m/
Reaction score
Actually I did...it was $11.99 at my work plus I got 10% off so it's not like I really wasted any money..I actually kinda like it so :fawk: :p

BTW I like your signature at the bottom...Atreyu makes my ears bleed.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I bought it and it's got a few standout tracks. Some of the riffs are a little generic but overall, it's got a good groove to it :)

It depends on the listener. Some will love this progression/change. Some will hate them. I've been into them since the Soul of a new machine days (saw them touring at Dynamo festival). They have gone through different moods for some time *cough*Digimortal*cough*

I do think putting two covers on the album is a little bit suspect mind you, short of material much..? But overall, Il listen to it on rotation on my iRiver along with the rest of their albums (except Digimortal, which is completely unlistenable to!).

Olsta.. I will follow is a U2 cover :ugh:

olsta

Reaction score
Shorty said:
I bought it and it's got a few standout tracks. Some of the riffs are a little generic but overall, it's got a good groove to it :)

It depends on the listener. Some will love this progression/change. Some will hate them. I've been into them since the Soul of a new machine days (saw them touring at Dynamo festival). They have gone through different moods for some time *cough*Digimortal*cough*

I do think putting two covers on the album is a little bit suspect mind you, short of material much..? But overall, Il listen to it on rotation on my iRiver along with the rest of their albums (except Digimortal, which is completely unlistenable to!).

Olsta.. I will follow is a U2 cover :ugh:

I knew that bro:) still heaps catchy i think

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, Id definitely go with that! It's a good cover :)

I know a few don't think much of it but I think 540,000 degrees is a monsterously good track. The way it stays in the high registers until that chorus kicks in and drops into that 7 string territory :shred:

Latest posts

')