Feed my horrible Carvin G.A.S!

• Thread starter Rabsa
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rabsa

Former Tentacle Minister
Reaction score
Hello!

I just today notice, that local dealer has decrease their prices, so standard DC727 costs now 929 euros. Yes, it's still more than in the USA, but I'm thinking now very seriously to get DC727 with my own specs.

I think something like 5pc koa/maple neck, mahogany body with flamed maple top and ebony fretboard. Satine matte finish and deep purple colour, hardtail, gold hardware and ect.

I'm still a little hesitant about the colour.... purple is my favorite colour, but sometimes it just looks not so good... I have somekind of conception about the look, but I'm not sure if it will really be something like that.

Now, I want you to post some gorgeous Carvins with purple colour. Then I maybe have the courage to ask accurate price for axe from local dealer and maybe ge that my one kind of dream guitar. (Not a word about my LACS)

I aleady try to search, but I just found a couple of pics. But I want MOARRR! :scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vontetzianos

Reaction score
AlienCarvin.jpg

carvin727.jpg

purple-CT6.jpg

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, if I remember right you have already sold both a Carvin seven and a funky-coloured seven, and now you want a funky-coloured Carvin seven? :D

Rabsa

Former Tentacle Minister
Reaction score
Dude, if I remember right you have already sold both a Carvin seven and a funky-coloured seven, and now you want a funky-coloured Carvin seven? :D

Well... yes! :D

I such a exact with specs of my guitars. Universe's problem was basswood body. I don't like it so much. The first Carvin? Well, that was also good, but floyd rose, woods (maple neck) lack of inlays, middle pickup and varnish did not appeal me.

But I also want to ask something. How big is the changefulness of topwoods quality? I had seen some pics, where top wood are very, very gorgeous. Like this:
11.jpg

Or this

3.jpg

But also in some pics the figuration is much modest and also really small.

dc127m-rubyredburstflame-85615.jpg

How can I'll be sure, that I'll get exactly as good topwood as I want?

kherman

Reaction score
My '94 Dc400
dc4002qk.jpg

PDR_0064.jpg

More recent pic with her.
20090722heddahidehouse6.jpg

My Carvin DC727.
dsc02899g.jpg

Now the one thing to remember with Purple it can look very diffeent depending on lighting.
Sometime almost black.
pdr0026k.jpg

rob_l

Reaction score
Well... yes! :D

I such a exact with specs of my guitars. Universe's problem was basswood body. I don't like it so much. The first Carvin? Well, that was also good, but floyd rose, woods (maple neck) lack of inlays, middle pickup and varnish did not appeal me.

But I also want to ask something. How big is the changefulness of topwoods quality? I had seen some pics, where top wood are very, very gorgeous. Like this:
11.jpg

Or this

3.jpg

But also in some pics the figuration is much modest and also really small.

Thanks bro - Those are both mine! :hbang: :) :)

I've got 40 or so Carvin 7's - Spend time poking around my site and you'll find most of them.

A PERFECT example of the absolute most insane, over-the-top optioned and customized to the extreme you could go with Carvin would be something like my "Elite"....

This guitar was a one off because it was Marks "private stock" and the Elite bodys are just plain hard to make... lol

Birdseye board, Alder center, Walnut sandwiches and Birdseye-Burl-Flame/Curly maple top, back and front/back headstock veneers. And before shipping they fitted the birdseyetruss cover!

Theres a symmetry on this one that might not be immediately apparent = The headstock, body AND neck are ALL 5-piece assemblies. 5x5x5 - 555 - Close to godliness !!! :D

--- A GALLERY OF MORE CARVIN PICS ---

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

Before it shipped they popped on the custom birdseye truss cover...
11.jpg

And the log from which it was made....

burl-bookmatched2.jpg

And this is my Purple w/ blakburst edges 727...
img_4753.jpg

img_4754.jpg

img_4775.jpg

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
I've got 40 or so Carvin 7's

Wait... did he say 40?
Yes he did! Holy shit! :)

I suppose if I take one from you, chances are you might never miss it :)

Man, you are the embodiment of GAS :)
How do you decide which guitar to play though? I mean, I have 'only' 6 guitars, and I already find it difficult to decide which guitar to pick, especially when I'm going to record something. Each guitar has its own sound and personality. Especially when I'm writing or improvising, the guitar I pick has a huge influence on the stuff I actually come up with.

Rabsa

Former Tentacle Minister
Reaction score
How this topwood upgrade appears to guitar? Is it worth of 80 dollars? Better topwoods like those I posted before? Or am I misunderstand it?

Flame and Quilt Maple Top Upgrade

DTS not required with Deep Dragonburst, Deep Honeyburst, Deep Orange or Deep Tiger Eye.

DTS - Deep Triple Step Stain/Color Process $80.00

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

You can't be sure. It's a crap shoot, you can request it and they say "we will do our best" but I had a few guitars I ordered new from Carvin where I spec'ed them out with VERY specific requests (i.e. multiple pictures included of exactly what I was looking for in terms of both color and figure) and although they said they would make it happen, some didn't come out as intended. They were all nice guitars, however, just not what I had requested. :lol:

How this topwood upgrade appears to guitar? Is it worth of 80 dollars? Better topwoods like those I posted before? Or am I misunderstand it?

Quote:
Flame and Quilt Maple Top Upgrade

DTS not required with Deep Dragonburst, Deep Honeyburst, Deep Orange or Deep Tiger Eye.

DTS - Deep Triple Step Stain/Color Process $80.00

Deep triple step finish does not mean you are getting better maple for the top, it just means that they add more black and sand it back to make it appear deeper/darker.

Bumskull

Reaction score
Personally I think the purple finish on the JP musicman looks pretty. I'd go with that if you want purple.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Also this is what I was talking about:

Matt_Bulb_23.jpg

The one on the left is Misha's Dragonburst 747 and the one on the right is my old Deep Triple Step Dragonburst 727. Same quality maple, just looks darker and sometimes more 3-D due to the contrast.

thebhef

King....of....Mountn
Contributor
Reaction score
What's the finish on that red flame 727? DTS and satin? That sucker is gorgeous. It's all I can do to keep from bursting into masturbation.

rob_l

Reaction score

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
here's my baby
with a Nailbomb/ColdSweat combo and OFR:shred::shred::shred:

DSCN1944.jpg

Rabsa

Former Tentacle Minister
Reaction score
There are specs I was thinking to. What do you think?

Code:
Base Model		Options				     	Quantity         
								Price
DC727								1
Right Handed							$1,439.00

MAH - Maple Neck/Mahogany Body					$75.00
 CS - Satin Matte Finish					$0.00
 FTP - Purple Flame						$240.00
 5K - Koa Neck w/ 2 Maple Stripes				$270.00
 NS - Neck Covered By Optional Top Wood				$60.00
 PSN - Painted Satin Finish Back Of Neck (Matches Body Color)	$75.00
 FPH - Flamed Maple Headstock					$38.00
 EB - Ebony Fingerboard (Standard)				$0.00
 ABS - Abalone Signature Inlays					$120.00
 STJF - Stainless Jumbo Frets .055" H .110" W			$60.00
 R14 - 14in Fretboard Radius (Standard)				$0.00
 C26B - C26 Bridge Pickup					$0.00
 C26N - C26 Neck Pickup						$0.00
 400 - Black Coils w/ Black Bezels (Standard)			$0.00
 AC - Active/Passive Electronics w/ Coil Splitters, Phase Switch$75.00
 G - Gold Hardware						$75.00
 1056 - Elixer Light Gauge .010 - .056 (Standard)		$0.00
 ABL - Abalone Logo						$45.00
 SL - Dunlop Straplocks						$15.00
 HC11 - Form-Fitted ABS Hardshell Case				$81.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Guitar Total: 							$2,668.00

Rabsa

Former Tentacle Minister
Reaction score
By the way....

How long does it takes to get guitar after ordering? Is it a couple of months or six or maybe a whole year?

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
By the way, if you can't get the guitar directly from Carvin, you may want to look into services like MyUS - US Mail Forwarding, Worldwide Shipping. When I asked for a 6-string quote from Silfverberg (=the official Carvin rep around here) around two years ago, the price was just absurd.

lurgar

Reaction score
By the way....

How long does it takes to get guitar after ordering? Is it a couple of months or six or maybe a whole year?

I am honestly not sure about ordering outside of the US, but I've seen around 8 weeks total to get the guitar ready and then shipped.

If Carvin encounters any kind of error that either halts or causes production to be restarted, then it'll take longer.

Latest posts

')