Females and Metal

• Thread starter Brill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brill

sweet little lolita.
Reaction score
Anyone got some opinions on Females in the music industry. And women In Metal? And also Bands with Women in them :D I know a couple, But its always nice to spread knowledge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
I don't get why it should matter. It's definitely a male dominated genre though. But there are probably more female metal fans than we know off, they aren't just as vocal about it.

And I hate it when girls dress metal.

butterschnapps

(´・ω・`)
Reaction score
How about girls like Noomi Rapace or Rooney Mara in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?
So hawttt.

P.S.
I leave you with this.
https://www.google.com/search?q=the+commander+in+chief+norway
CiC-promo2-endo-full.jpg

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I don't understand the topic... :scratch:

I'll tell you what kind of women I *do* have an opinion on... Redheads and ones with big round butts. I like em and I want em [all]. :agreed:

And I hate it when girls dress metal.

Does seem to come across a bit contrived, no? But opinions like this may very well be why they aren't as vocal. Look at how we tear each other apart over the smallest difference in opinion on these forums. :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I think a lot of things *are* gender-specific although I feel most things shouldn't be. We create boundaries in our minds and let that limit us. It's a shame. It kind of bugs me that whenever a woman DOES do something noteworthy musically we just want to objectify her and talk about how "hot" she is and effectively push her into the group of talentless pretty faces.

But all in all it shouldn't really matter. People just like to make something out of nothing. I suppose it makes the day go by faster. :shrug:

Murmel

Reaction score
Does seem to come across a bit contrived, no? But opinions like this may very well be why they aren't as vocal. Look at how we tear each other apart over the smallest difference in opinion on these forums. :lol:

I don't know what contrived means, so I'll just.. :lol:

Obviously I don't say anything, they can dress however they want. I'm just not the least attracted to it. Sure there are exceptions, but they are very few.
I also believe I'm the only male alive that doesn't think redheads are attractive :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Contrived - Deliberately created rather than coming about spontaneously or naturally. :yesway:

Murmel

Reaction score
So you mean I created this dislike for metal dressed women and that it's not something I'm just not naturally attracted to?

I'm confused :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Nope... Other way around. That a lot of "metal chicks" do it for attention rather than actually being into "the lifestyle" or whatever the hell you wanna call it.

But with the style of dress aside, men are equally diva-like. Example: Axl Rose.

Murmel

Reaction score
Oh, well sure, some probably do. But I doubt a lot of them do it to be popular or whatever since it's not cool at all to look like a metalhead. At least not here. People are very unoriginal in how they dress here, both guys and girls.
You see the least and the most variety among girls, kinda weird.

Then again, the women/girls who DO have that style... They're often unattractive to begin with, and it all just becomes a complete fail because they pull it off really badly. In my eyes it doesn't help their case.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
For some reason I feel like a lot of American women do, but I could just be a cynical douchebag. Completely reasonable assumption. :lol:

Murmel

Reaction score
Popular culture is different where me and you live. I bet it's more accepted but at the same time not to be a metal fan in America.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Awesome contribution... :fawk:

By the way... Sheila E doesn't really get as much recognition as she deserves if women in music is to be considered amazing. :2c:

CiC-promo2-endo-full.jpg

Also, which Ibby model is that? I swore I didn't like any of their new X shapes, but that doesn't look too bad.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I think a lot of things *are* gender-specific although I feel most things shouldn't be. We create boundaries in our minds and let that limit us. It's a shame. It kind of bugs me that whenever a woman DOES do something noteworthy musically we just want to objectify her and talk about how "hot" she is and effectively push her into the group of talentless pretty faces.

But all in all it shouldn't really matter. People just like to make something out of nothing. I suppose it makes the day go by faster. :shrug:
This.

And Kat Katz has all of my respect.

She is nothing but awesome. Her and Julie Christmas are rare in that they're women who don't come across as trying to capitalize on the fact that they are women who are making (heavier) music. And yeah, there's a lot of women out there who don't do that and get thrown into that category anyway and it's bullshit, but they're two that I know of whose work I fucking love.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ I feel like I've vaguely heard that second band mentioned a time or two. Good stuff it is... :yoda:

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
My girlfriend is more brutal than all of you.

She growls and doesnt afraid of anything.

Latest posts

')