Females and Metal

• Thread starter Brill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
But does she look as good in tight jeans? :squint:

Don't make me post pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HK_Derek

Bass Player.
Reaction score
I can still remember reading the interview with Gene Simmons where he said "Women can't play rock & roll". :rofl:

Angela Gossow is one of the few truly genuine Metal women. She's authentic all the way down to the bone.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I was gonna post pics of my ass... Fine then... :(

Also, Angela = SO FUCKING AWESOME. Arch Enemy in general is good stuff at least as far as the last time I heard anything from them (which admittedly was a while ago).

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I was gonna post pics of my ass... Fine then... :(

tumblr_lcf7c3RvFK1qd6lbk.gif

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Since you fuckers got me listening to them now...

I love absolutely EVERYTHING about Tarja. That voice is :wub:

And Anettes is pretty fuckin' good too. I think she fits Nightwish's style equally well although I didn't like her much at first...

She sings the fuck outa this one too

nickgray

Reaction score
Who needs females when we have this:

manowar.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Powermetalbass

Powermetalbassist
Reaction score
Well since the 80's ended if any band needed a high end singer they would have to go female (or bring out the spandex on a guy with no balls) you can find all kinds a women in metal, but as said previously metal is male dominated. check out the following

Iron Maidens - all female iron maiden tribute
Epica - European power metal
Nightwish - Finnish Symphonic Metal
Seven Kingdoms - USA Power metal
The Agonist - Canadian death metal?
Unleash the Archers - Canadian Powerish metal
Kittie - Canadian girl metal (bad girl metal, but none the less)

and there is more: Tristania
Sirenia
Delain
Elis
After Forever
Visions of Atlantis
Nemesea
Arch Enemy

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Singing wise I prefer to hear a females voice. Some women are just badass. Plus I too LOVE rocker/ metal chicks.

She's insane live BTW. Doesn't sound much different if at all. On stage she has that energy too. I would marry her :D

The Uncreator

Control The Sun
Reaction score
I fucking love a womans voice in Metal. I always wanted to hear Iced Earth with Simone Simmons or something.

Also, when Opeth had Axenrot's girlfriend do vocals on Coil, I loved it. There aren't a lot of bands I wouldnt want to hear female vocals in a song or two.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I fucking love a womans voice in Metal. I always wanted to hear Iced Earth with Simone Simmons or something.

Also, when Opeth had Axenrot's girlfriend do vocals on Coil, I loved it. There aren't a lot of bands I wouldnt want to hear female vocals in a song or two.
SO with you on that. :wavey:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
it shouldnt really matter, we all bleed red at the end of the day

True on many levels... Being a black guy in metal used to be "weird" too.

"YOU listen to THAT?!" I still get asked that sometimes in exactly that way. :lol:

Zamm Bell

My name is Sam Bell
Reaction score
I am not having a go at anyone on this thread at all, I just feel there is an issue with how females in metal are perceived from my personal experience. I am in a band, with a female singer/sceamer whatever you want to call it, it angers me that people put "female" metal in a different bracket, that they bring it out like some novelty. I understand there are some bands who make a point of being female fronted, but in the end, just because someone is female and happens to play metal shouldn't change the opinion of a band, if the music is genuine and you like it, then great.

Unfortunately, sometimes as soon as people see a female in a band they don't take it seriously, and make patronising comments, they disregard the quality of the music and the talent of the female member.

')