Fender 2021 models!

• Thread starter EJJS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Really like the 75th Anniversary series, which also come at a very good price.
I always wanted to pick up a Telecaster, this might be the good time to do it.

ThunderMoose

Reaction score
upload_2021-1-13_9-9-25.png

I am kinda into the Noventa Tele

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Fucking love this line up. Fender really killing it this year with the matching headstocks. Looks like my years of complaining about lack of them on the internet finally paid off. :D

Shame that the Squiers only come with a black headstock. Still better than unpainted one, imo. I wonder how this pickup configuration sounds like. Would the second position (bridge/middle) sound a bit like a humbucker instead of the honky wonky tone that you normally get.

0370235570_sqr_ins_frt_1_rr.jpg

Supernaut

Reaction score
Looks good, albeit not many big launches like in 2020. They're definitely pushing more into the Suhr market by offering this new "Ultra Luxe" series:

https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/elect...merican-ultra-luxe-telecaster/0118080735.html

Stainless steel frets are the notable addition to these, and the matching headstock is cool - it's something different, which is nice. The Ultra series seemed to be a big success for Fender, although these are like... $400-$500 more expensive than the Ultra series, so they're really starting to close in on those Suhr prices.

EJJS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really like the 75th Anniversary series, which also come at a very good price.
I always wanted to pick up a Telecaster, this might be the good time to do it.
Never owned a tele but they seem really versatile and maybe even a bit overlooked as far as heavier tones go. They can sound really nice in metal context ie. Wintersun's first album.

EJJS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fucking love this line up. Fender really killing it this year with the matching headstocks. Looks like my years of complaining about lack of them on the internet finally paid off. :D

Shame that the Squiers only come with a black headstock. Still better than unpainted one, imo. I wonder how this pickup configuration sounds like. Would the second position (bridge/middle) sound a bit like a humbucker instead of the honky wonky tone that you normally get.

0370235570_sqr_ins_frt_1_rr.jpg
Those Squiers are really nice looking! Roasted maple neck in a 450 dollar guitar! That's kinda crazy, atleast for a brand like Fender/Squier.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it just me or do the matching headstocks on some of the guitars look lighter than the bodies?

Also, (obligatory) no seven string option for the contemporary tele?! Pfft :noplease:

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
View attachment 88924
I am kinda into the Noventa Tele
I wish it had a neck pickup - and binding - and cost less

I am kind of surprised there are no baritones. I figured with the Squire Baritone Jazzmasters going for over a grand they might churn out a MIM model. I have the Cabronita and its awesome . I would like the JM also but no way in hell I am paying that for a squire.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Also, (obligatory) no seven string option for the contemporary tele?! Pfft :noplease:

Fender doing a Telecaster as their first production 7-string would be an even bigger blunder than releasing A Strat only in a Kiesel-tier vomit burst. Hell, I'd rather take a Jazzmaster over Telecaster. I know Telecaster was their first model but Strat is way more popular (country guitarists don't count) or at least iconic.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Fender doing a Telecaster as their first production 7-string would be an even bigger blunder than releasing A Strat only in a Kiesel-tier vomit burst. Hell, I'd rather take a Jazzmaster over Telecaster. I know Telecaster was their first model but Strat is way more popular (country guitarists don't count) or at least iconic.
I was trying to make a joke. But in all seriousness, if Fender released a bonafide production seven string in pretty much any model (and at regular production prices), I'd be at least moderately interested.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I was trying to make a joke. But in all seriousness, if Fender released a bonafide production seven string in pretty much any model (and at regular production prices), I'd be at least moderately interested.

Yeah, I got your joke. But yeah, I wouldn't mind Fender doing a 7-string Tele and I'd definitely get one just to show that there's interest in 7-string models.

')