Fender Jim Root Tele

• Thread starter jedimindfrak82
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Fender Jim Root Tele in black and in great shape for half the price of new!
Modifications (if any): Neck pickup was changed to an EMG-85 at some point (it was like that when I got it)
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Generic hard case
Location (City,State or City,Country): Scranton, PA
International OK? : No
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM on here
References (eBay or other forum userid): Geetarfreek69 on eBay
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $650 shipped, no trades (unless it's an some kind of Mike Mushok baritone 6 Ibanez or PRS)

pics:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fusion1

Reaction score
Curious why the 2 EMG's are of different vintage? The neck has the new logo and the bridge has the old logo. What's up with that? Just noticed the neck pickup is a EMG 85 based on the gold color. Did this originally have the EMG 60 in the neck? Do you still have the EMG 60?

fusion1

Reaction score
Can you measure the width of the neck at the nut? I'm not a fan of narrow Fender necks. If this is the typical 1 5/8" width I'm not interested. If it is closer to 1 3/4" then I might be interested.

fusion1

Reaction score
1 5/8"= 1.625"
1 11/16" = 1.6875"

41mm= 1.614"
42mm= 1.653"
43mm= 1.693"

The 42mm size is closer to 1 5/8" which I can't stand. Not sure how you got that it was wider than 1 11/16"? The minimum I ever play these days is 1 11/16" or 43mm and the Fender is narrower than that so I will pass. I also seem to remember these had 7" or 9" vintage radius fretboards and I prefer the wide flat variety anywhere from 12" to 16". That's mostly the reason why I remember not buying one of these when they first came out years ago.

teddy_baca

Reaction score
Just saying, you can easily google any of this info.

12" radius fretboard and 1.65" width at the nut

Reaction score
Alright, final price drop and then I'm just gonna keep it... $525 PPG to continental U.S. with a GIG BAG. No hard case. Now is the time to get a great deal on one of these if you've ever wanted one!

Reaction score
Evening bump! I just sealed the deal on an Ibanez MMM1 today, but I still would like to let this go to fund some other stuff.... Hit me up guys!

')