Fender Stagemaster 7 string MODIFIED!

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
@Konfyouzd it's the spray paint in a can dude. I do all the spraypaint work in the storage room of my new apartment. I've got a box inside the storage room that's completely covered by a huge sheet of poly from me and the girlfriend's king size bed, the poly is used to contain the paint particles from spreading throughout the apartment.

I just moved to Castlegar, BC and I don't have anywhere to do refinishes on guitars, so I had to improvise. But let's not let my Landlord find out about that :lol:

Here's a pic of my paint room lol I've got another project going on, my buddy's Epiphone Les Paul SG Custom is laying in there with the 2nd coat of paint drying.
You can call this space a hobo guitar workshop but dude but hey it works! hahaha

34072d1373555010-fender-stagemaster-7-string-modified-hobo-workshop.jpg

Attachments

• Hobo workshop.jpg
    Hobo workshop.jpg
    969.5 KB · Views: 156

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Just hit me, that headstock is kind of a mix of Suhr and Jackson. Not sure if that was a concious effort, but it looks cool. :)

Finish is coming along nicely. :yesway:

Yeah Curt, I was at work one night doing a night shift last September and I decided to bring my 7 string in to figure out some reshaping. I was looking through a Guitar World magazine and I saw an idea of what I wanted in a headstock, which was the one on Chris Broderick's signature Jackson Soloist! Such a sick shape! Of course I didn't want to copy it completely so I left the top part of my headstock a bit longer.

dis89

Reaction score
Still thats nothing if we compare that with what my ex did to her cheapo Cort bass when I gave her Slayer records.
y_310cb56a.jpg

:hbang:

PS
lol

Konstantine

Reaction score
Any updates or pics on that flat black 1 pup guitar plan that was going on? I'm curious to see it as I have a stagemaster laying underneath a pile of clothes in a closet some place lol

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
This whole thread made me lol so much, the first paintjob, ppl's reactions, second paintjob... etc etc

anyway, I think it's coming out nice, that job you did on the back on the neck looks amazingly well done.

and lastly, I would like to commend you for that huge pair of balls. Not everyone here is badass enough to hack and slash a guitar like that, for good or bad.
As someone once said: If you don't like something, change it. You (and the guitar) have definitely come a long way. And as long as you learn from your mistakes, it's all good for me.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Still thats nothing if we compare that with what my ex did to her cheapo Cort bass when I gave her Slayer records.
y_310cb56a.jpg

:hbang:

PS
lol
I rather liketh that :drew:

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
IMG_20170904_152209_272-1.jpg

Thought I'd revive an ancient thread of mine and give a very long and overdue update.
I reshaped the body with a band saw and reshaped the headstock years and years ago.

I filled in the neck pickup cavity with epoxy then did a flat black finish on it, didn't like it and settled for a blood red finish on it. It has a DiMarzio Deactivator in the bridge, a single volume pot and a 2 way toggle killswitch. Also replaced the black volume knob with a gold volume knob.
20180407_230133_2-1.jpg

Honestly the way it looks now, it looks like an early prototype of Ola Englund's Solar Guitars A series 7 string models. I'm finally happy with how it turned out.

Last edited:

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
That turned out beautifully. Thanks for the update.

Hands down the best necrobump i’ve seen on the internet.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
I'll admit - this was the first refinish and modification project I ever did. To go from this

2m4ezwn.jpg

To this
IMG_20170904_152209_272-1.jpg

...the first refinish. 6 years ago? It was cringe worthy indeed.

Latest posts

')