Fernandes Guitars files for bankruptcy

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yea, that's pretty close. I thought there was one with exotic woods and a brass guard though (so super Schecter esque)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember back when I was a guitar n00b, for many years I'd get Tom Anderson and Fernandes mixed up, for whatever reason. I also knew that Fernandes had a very 'meh' reputation. So, by extension, in my mind Anderson made shit guitars. :lol:

Also, not sure why but I often remember this excerpt from an Ultimate Guitar interview with Steve where he briefly mentions the Fernandes Sustainer system when asked about why they don't use it in production JEMs and PIAs:
... they were a little inconsistent, meaning I would have to buy three or four of them to find one worked the way I liked it to work. So I didn't want to put a sustainer in a signature guitar that I didn't feel would be consistent.

Also, it was a small company and they couldn't manufacture the kind of numbers that we wanted - at least that is what I've been told.
Source: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...on_public_sale_talks_why_he_chose_ibanez.html

Anyways, just a couple of fun tidbits I remember about the company, since they're dead now. RIP.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Are they actually dead dead?

I don't know how things work in Japan, but filing for bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean they've ceased existing.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
7861877_1717336452.jpg

')