Few question about RG7321

• Thread starter Rev2010
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking of picking one up. I wanted to ask a few questions hopefully to someone that has one. I wanted to know if it intonates fine tuned down to "A". I use heavy gauge strings anyway so I would imagine it would intonate without a problem as we all know heavy strings don't intonate as sharp as light guage strings. But, I want to check this though as it's critical. I also wanted to ask what pickups would be good for the basswood body. I normally prefer the Duncan JB-7. Would these go fine in basswood? I somewhat recall hearing someone here say they liked the JB in their basswood guitar but I'm not certain. I've seen some say the Air Norton kicks ass... what do you all think? Thanks.

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
The RG7321 is a fantastic value. Mine was setup for A tuning & I had no problems whatsoever. Although a pup upgrade could be fun & yield interesting results, the stock pups are actually pretty damn good. Give em an HONEST try.

dav2321

Reaction score
Hey Rev I've got the SD Custom 7 in my 7421, and for metal I think it sounds better than the JB 7 in my Blackjack-which to me sounds better for everything else.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
Hey Rev I've got the SD Custom 7 in my 7421, and for metal I think it sounds better than the JB 7 in my Blackjack-which to me sounds better for everything else.

Which one is the Custom 7? Is that a variant of the Duncan Distortion model?

Rev.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and ordered it. After I've given it a good workout I'll post a review. Which come to think of it it's about time I put in my Schecter C-7 review. I hate the fact that so many people put in glowing reviews after playing their new guitar for one evening. I've had the C-7 for nearly a month now so I can give it a down to earth honest review, both the good and bad.

Rev.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
Well, I went ahead and ordered it. After I've given it a good workout I'll post a review. Which come to think of it it's about time I put in my Schecter C-7 review. I hate the fact that so many people put in glowing reviews after playing their new guitar for one evening. I've had the C-7 for nearly a month now so I can give it a down to earth honest review, both the good and bad.

Rev.

I know what you mean; I am not even used to my guitar yet, so I can't really give it a review, other than it compares very favorably in quality with the Carvin.

')