Final Fantasy X

Reaction score
I started playing Final Fanasy X again last night. The only game I've really been playing lately is Resistance 2 (online) and I find myself getting too angry. I decided it's time for me to grab Tidus and the gang and beat the dick out of Sin.

We're coming for ya', ya' big, ugly sumbitch.
3551412740_b354bf6643_o.jpg

... and after I stomp your ass, I am going to fuck Rikku and Lulu. At the same time.

Who else loved/loves this game?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
I loved this game, soooo much.

Even if we are fighting a big weird whale thing. :D

I sold it awhile ago and now I feel like it's time to play it again, here I come ebay.

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
I recently pulled out the PS2 for some nostagic fun too :lol:
I really like the music in this game. Takes it to another level.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
I recently pulled out the PS2 for some nostagic fun too :lol:
I really like the music in this game. Takes it to another level.

Definitely! Nobuo Uematsu is one of the greatest video game composers ever. I don't think he has written anything I don't like.

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
^Nobuo didn't do the whole soundtrack though. Which makes me kind of sad, but staples like "To Zanarkand" were his. :D

That being said having Masashi Hamauzu as a co-composer is defiantly not a bad thing.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Second best FF game ever :yesway:
I still think FF8 was the best one :bowdown:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
My friend kinda ruined this game for me. After watching him beat Peanance about 3 or 4 times (about 1 minute battle each), I felt that I needed a life. :lol:

^Nobuo didn't do the whole soundtrack though. Which makes me kind of sad, but staples like "To Zanarkand" were his. :D

That being said having Masashi Hamauzu as a co-composer is defiantly not a bad thing.

:agreed: In fact, Junya Nakano and Masashi Hamauzu wrote the better tracks in what has got to be Uematsu's more darker and lower points in his career. The soundtrack is still among my favorites.

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
^I didn't know that there was a third composer. Guess I should research it more. But yes it was one of Nobuo's lower moments. Regardless like you I do love the soundtrack...even though my previuos comment may seem like I don't. [re-reading it in the quote and it sounds like I'm not a fan...I'll stop rambling now]

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
loved X, but i gotta show some love for IX and XII, my two favs =) the soundtracks on pretty much ALL FF games are outstanding, and without them the stories wouldnt be nearly as enthralling.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
^I didn't know that there was a third composer. Guess I should research it more. But yes it was one of Nobuo's lower moments. Regardless like you I do love the soundtrack...even though my previuos comment may seem like I don't. [re-reading it in the quote and it sounds like I'm not a fan...I'll stop rambling now]

Each of the 3 had their distinct flavours. Uematsu being the most melodic, while the other 2 leaned towards the more ambient/experimental side, both composing very dense music.

Nakano had a distinct percussive, multilayered flavour in his compositions. You can tell in songs like the Boss Battle, Guadosalam, and Summoned Beasts Battle. A majority of Disc 1 of the OST is noticably Nakano's.

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
Each of the 3 had their distinct flavours. Uematsu being the most melodic, while the other 2 leaned towards the more ambient/experimental side, both composing very dense music.

Nakano had a distinct percussive, multilayered flavour in his compositions. You can tell in songs like the Boss Battle, Guadosalam, and Summoned Beasts Battle. A majority of Disc 1 of the OST is noticably Nakano's.

Really, I'll have to listen closer to the OST now.

Reaction score
I still like playing Final Fantasy II and III for SNES... I love comparing the graphics, especially of summoned beasts.

In the originals, when Rydia (or anyone else who could)summoned a beast they just appeared and did their one move and it was so fucking awesome. I always favored Jinn. He was fucking nuts. After a while, they decided that the beasts (or Aeons for some versions) should stay until they were demolished. This is pretty sweet, too, since most of them are strong as hell.

But nothing beats the feeling I used to get when I first saw my attacks get over 1,000 HP. It used to blow my mind. When everyone on the team can do it, you feel like your indestructable. Or the first time you see Tellah use Meteor. HOLY SHIT. 9999 HP?! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!

Now I want to play the old Final Fantasy games. How the fuck do I play two different games on two different systems at the same time? Especially when they're so long and epic. I hate everything now.

Lulu is hot.

Fixed. :agreed:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
wait, wasnt that FFIV?

Yeah, but because IV and VI was originally released as II and III in the US on the SNES some near 2 decades ago, a lot of players tend to refer them as their US titles.

It wasn't until the turn of the century when they were re-released in their original titles on PS1, DS etc.

')