Final pictures of the BlackDroïd HufCaster

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
awesome, nice to see that you can find your nice littel "open air" studio in the swiss country side. i really like the last one in your set, pretty cool changes of lines and colour!!:hbang::shred::metal::yesway:

yeah :lol: who cares about making pictures in a studio when you have such an epic landscape and stuff around you :lol:

Plus it totally suits my style.... :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
So too much ''ehhheeehhhheehhhhh'' going on in my previous presentation videos :mad:

So I decided to make 2 new videos with a special feature :D

English and French :D Cause some guys over here told me that they did not understand my videos :mad:

Part 1

Part 2

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I can't be bothered to read through the whole thread, since the money shots are on the first page and I'm assuming the rest is 8 pages of 'that looks amazing, Patrick!!' ;)

Anyway, I was curious: Is there any chance that you would offer a semi-hollow version of this, like what has been so popular with the Fender Teles? I'll be honest that I'll probably never have the money for one of your builds regardless of how much I admire them, but it's the first thing that came to mind when I saw you start to work on this model..

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
LOL! Just glad you didn't moonwalk all over the place while playing. ;) Beautiful instrument and great choice in pickups and tuning machines. Really pretty Tele.

Almost there, Patrick, just need to go headless and a few more strings on that beastie. ^_^ LOL!

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I can't be bothered to read through the whole thread, since the money shots are on the first page and I'm assuming the rest is 8 pages of 'that looks amazing, Patrick!!' ;)

Anyway, I was curious: Is there any chance that you would offer a semi-hollow version of this, like what has been so popular with the Fender Teles? I'll be honest that I'll probably never have the money for one of your builds regardless of how much I admire them, but it's the first thing that came to mind when I saw you start to work on this model..

I'm not a fan of semi hallow bodies, I know that recently this question came up in the forum and I dont really want to argue about ''the reasons'' of not being a fan...

I'm not saying that I would never do it, in fact I already have 4 times in the past on some old builds of mine, but I dont feel and I have not heard any difference, the only difference being the weight it took off....

:hbang:

Holy Katana

Wait, what?
Reaction score
Damn, that is a gorgeous guitar. I love Teles, so it makes it even better. I noticed those pickups were made by Kent Armstrong. How would one go about getting a set of custom pickups like that?

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of semi hallow bodies, I know that recently this question came up in the forum and I dont really want to argue about ''the reasons'' of not being a fan...

I'm not saying that I would never do it, in fact I already have 4 times in the past on some old builds of mine, but I dont feel and I have not heard any difference, the only difference being the weight it took off....

:hbang:

Word. Thanks for the reply. :yesway:

I don't intend to start any arguments either (frankly I'm not nearly educated enough on the particulars to bother) but I can say that there is a drastic difference in tone between my Epi Sheraton and say, a double cutaway les paul.

Frankly, I've never been that impressed by the semi-holow Teles, but the concept of a semi-hollow Huff sounded damn fine to my active imagination. ;)

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Damn, that is a gorgeous guitar. I love Teles, so it makes it even better. I noticed those pickups were made by Kent Armstrong. How would one go about getting a set of custom pickups like that?

The pickups are trully custom and I dont really want to make a business selling them because its a unique feature which I am very proud to offer on my instruments and also Kent would not have the time to mass produce them anyway since they are individually handmade by him...

However I do sell them occasionally to some musicians or some makers but I dont want to make a business out of it...

Also my 7 - 8 and 9 string pickups are not standard in dimensions, thats the way I designed them, the 7 strings do work in a standard 7 string guitar but they are slightly smaller in dimention, also my pickups are very deep so you need to route the cavity deaper if your guitar has a small route...

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
So I was finally able to take a pic of the luminescent dots, had to use a camera from a friend, mine did not work for that thype of pic :wallbash:

That pic is in the dark and no photoshop work, just the camera ISO
l_25030353c6b64ef8bcc389b8206fa683.jpg

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Got some new pictures here for your guys, pushing the limits of distressed pictures :lol:

New finish, so new pictures lol

Enjoy :)

l_f16d79fe695748c593cd2b92b35bc79b.jpg

l_3697c89a900a4d5cb3bedfeff9f74bcf.jpg

l_7bdbde5d140342208aa5689fa845e828.jpg

l_e3cca922be7b4eda9caa936ee061f360.jpg

l_fa7157906fbd4c1bb6f81abc75039dad.jpg

l_dd1d18d632d84cbaa94ea9b3fbef69ce.jpg

l_880f0297748b46369ef4a6039874aa98.jpg

l_8f5054e6e22e4d0e9464d57f42b57514.jpg

l_5208e9b3a35c411493f75825b3976aca.jpg

l_3b6f5f925f604832a42b56f65b7d4390.jpg

l_50508a26201d41f595bd52cabbd5f33b.jpg

l_7eaa7ec851d54301bcabb8422d136f57.jpg

l_e939a87c700f45e58f6ac75df207cd68.jpg

l_859e9fa87fbb46e3ae9db53665c7b6c2.jpg

l_4d142cba872b4dac98fe916d9cf44dd9.jpg

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
wow! that really is pushing the boundaries of grungy distressed-looking pictures! :lol:

it looks amazing, man!

in fact, let me add my own distressed-to-hell telecaster (seems like a nice place to do so):

it´s a project i have going, but it´s moving really slowly. i took these pics just a few days ago, after the guitar had been laying in a damp basement for about a year. i had also just applied a dark red stain on it, to fill the cracks and dings, and really bring out the scratches. it´s laying there again now, and i´ll do a little more work on it next time i´m home. this will have a cream dimarzio x2n in the bridge (i have one that is older than me, and looks distressed enough for the job), and a really distressed strat single coil or something like that in the neck. i won´t put a pickguard on it. the next thing will be to fine sand the rough parts so it feels smooth-ish, and then i´ll wipe the dust off it and put a transparent finish on there to preserve it. then i´ll probably fine-sand that a little too, so it doesn´t look "new"

you can see the cracks in the wood on the front, and in the paint on the back, too, from the humidity and temperature differences in the basement :D

of course, my distressed look is more in the "beaten the fuck up all the way to fucking hell" than hufschmid´s "industrial dirty/rusty/wet" look :lol:

')