Finally a new full-lenght song "Animals" with guest vocals (x3, rg2228, s2.1 +sdx)

• Thread starter IamLukas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IamLukas

Reaction score
Last night a good friend of mine has visited me for a jamsession. It started with 3 chords and ended up in a full lenght song. Her name is Susanne and she's one of the greatest singer I know. Long long ago we recorded a few tracks, but the sound was incredibly crappy. So we decided to rejoin for a new song in better quality...

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :yesway:

Here we go:

SoundClick artist: The gemini part - Metal, Ambient, Experimental

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
nice one man! sounds verry good, and the song is also verry good :)

Plankis

Reaction score
Your distorted tone need to be a bit meatier. Some low mids perhaps?
Everything else sounds really good.

How do process your vocals? I've been mixing a friends song. Not surprisingly this is what i'm having most trouble with.. I can't really get the vocals to blend in.

IamLukas

Reaction score
First of all, thanks for the comments.... I know a female voice is not everyones choice to this song, but it fits so far, I think ;-)

@Plankis: The answer is my Rode Nt 2-a....before I got this mic, all my vocalrecordings were just totally fucked up. The vocals are going right into my x3, for a little bit of eq'ing and effecting them, if it's needed...
That's all...
Just try to give the vocals more room, play with the frequencies and the eq.
It just needs time...and a lot of experimentation.
Good luck!

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
sounds great...dude...totally reminds me of the vocal style of the singer of Circa Survive! i believe he's also a part of that band "The Sound of Animals Fighting"...friggin love their stuff too. any influence their? awesome influence to have if it is imho. :yesway: moar please!

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
Hey, man... I dig the track. But, the vocals suck. They are WAY off key. Either get some better takes or look into Autotune!

Wouldn't mind hearing this instrumentally. :D

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
I like the arrangements on this one. It sounds like something Breaking Benjamin would do (or maybe I've just been listening to too much of them).

Sounds great. Vocals could use a little help, but sounds great. Oh wait: at 2:16 it goes nuts. Nice change there !! Was not expecting that. Now it sounds a little like Aghora (1st album).

I liked it overall :hbang:

IamLukas

Reaction score
Thx for the critics!
Yeah, in some parts it's not that good, I realize...
She sang for the first time after she had a operation of her vocal cords.
Soon we will meet again and we'll fix the dissonant parts.
Cheers

')