FINALLY! Gibby Explorer 7

• Thread starter Johann
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
its white, therefore it's classy. it's got 7 strings, therefore.. well its a 7 :lol:. It has EMG's, therefore it can take blackouts.

I'd hit it.

Xk6m6m5X

Reaction score
id be on that like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm with a glass of milk:agreed:

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
poj.jpg

I've always had a sweet spot for V's and Explorers... this one is yum! :yum:

But, as was said, for that kind of cash (even if it's Epiphone) I can get something that I'd actually use more. :shrug:

Though... if I had a 24.75 scale 7, I could tune IT to B standard, then get a 28 inch to do drop-G (and replace my M-207 there), and tune my M-207 to drop-A... I'd have it covered! :idea:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I used to think people were just being pissy and overly picky when they shunned a guitar based on the fact that it had only 22 frets... but I recently realized just how much I actually use the last two frets and now I agree.

Anyway, I think that if Gibson put out a 7 string Explorer, Les Paul or SG, they'd sell enough of them to make a profit each year, even if most of us (myself included) wouldn't be willing to pay what they'd ask for it. You'd have thought they'd made a move on this idea LONG before they made self-tuning guitars that are the color of green beans.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I like it , I think it looks prettty cool, but it's not something I'd ever buy for myself.
Congrats!

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
The Agile Ghosts still look a lot better IMO, but it's nice that Gibson is pulling their heads out of their asses about 7-strings.

I'm assuming Matt Heafy? So they can be more like Metallica every day? :lol:

[Hetfield] Yeeeah! [/Hetfield]

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
The Agile Ghosts still look a lot better IMO, but it's nice that Gibson is pulling their heads out of their asses about 7-strings.

[Hetfield] Yeeeah! [/Hetfield]

I've heard that Matt Heafy has admitted 'The Crusade' to be a bit of an embarassment concerning the Metallica-esque writing/vocal style.

Pre-Crusade Trivium kickass ass though :)

I don't think Heafy would want just a plain explorer 7.

I hope his Signature Gibson will be classy, the commercial deans were attrocious.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
img0913tj0.jpg

This gives me very little hope that a Heafy sig would be at all decent looking.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
img0913tj0.jpg

This gives me very little hope that a Heafy sig would be at all decent looking.

Actually, if this came out, I would for sure buy one. I actually like the shape, and I don't really like super pointy guitars :shrug:

')