Finally got around to recording vocals with the band I worked with back in august.

• Thread starter Sander
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
Vocals aren't bad at all (actually pretty f'in good!)-- they're just really dry. First thing I want to do to this is bring the guitar to the front, pan 'em nice for a big sound. Give that a go, see how the vocalist sounds when he's got a nice wall of sound behind him. Give the vocalist a bit of reverb, too. Just a hint.

The noodling at 1:40 is barely audible. Guitars are too tame in the mix. Bring 'em out and make 'em wild.

Sander

Reaction score
Vocals aren't bad at all (actually pretty f'in good!)-- they're just really dry. First thing I want to do to this is bring the guitar to the front, pan 'em nice for a big sound. Give that a go, see how the vocalist sounds when he's got a nice wall of sound behind him. Give the vocalist a bit of reverb, too. Just a hint.

The noodling at 1:40 is barely audible. Guitars are too tame in the mix. Bring 'em out and make 'em wild.

The guitars are pretty upfront and panned 100% (except for the leads, i found that they work a bit better when they are closer to the center).

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
The guitars are pretty upfront and panned 100% (except for the leads, i found that they work a bit better when they are closer to the center).

I thought they sounded distant and weaker than they should be.

Sander

Reaction score
I thought they sounded distant and weaker than they should be.
I actually kind of agree. Definitely bringing them up a bit when i get around to reworking this.

')