Finally got my axe fx!**NEW SOUNDCLIP DOWN THE BOTTOM**

russdogz_

Reaction score
just got this the other day and am still learning how to use it properly ahaha. i recorded this with a patch i literally spent 10 minutes on(still needs work obviously). axe fx was connected to the computer through a headphone cable directly to the pc soundcard(terrible i know, but it didn't turn out too bad!).. Guitar is a ltd mh-401 with a BKP aftermath

don't critique the mix/playing as i literally only just learnt the song and am mixing on terrible stereo speakers!

Early Grave by DISTANCES on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
Firstly, congrats on your acquisition of your new toy, cant wait to have mine!!!

Although I am only listening on laptop speakers, i think it sounds awesome, and as far as i can tell the mix is pretty damn good.

Really nice balanced tone as well!

Great cover of a great song as well!

grants

Reaction score
Sounds awesome.

Mind sharing the patch with us? or at least the amp model, settings, cab, mic

russdogz_

Reaction score
thanks dude! i still need to play around with it alot more to see how all the different blocks react with eachother etc.. get a perfect tone for when my band starts tracking our ep!

cannot believe it took me so long to buy one of these things. it has killed the tone i had with my 6505 and rack, thats within 30 minutes of playing with it. so stoked!

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
I think it really has to do with the variety of things it can do, plus the fact that its really simple to use once you get used to it. Like i loveeee 5150's and the like but the Axe can do that plus wayyy more, and when paired with a real nice power amp, its a great live tool as well

russdogz_

Reaction score
don't have a midi interface yet dude so i cant share the patch atm, but its ts808 mod, then a gate, then a multiband comp(just fiddled with it till it sounded right), then fas modern, into german cab with sm57.. then a little low cut and mid boost with an eq

edit:
yeah it is very VERY versatile! i'm waiting for my power-amp to come, getting a carvin ts-100.. not top of the line but i'm pretty sure it will be capable of doing what i want :) and it's nice and cheap compared to all the other ones

grants

Reaction score
don't have a midi interface yet dude so i cant share the patch atm, but its ts808 mod, then a gate, then a multiband comp(just fiddled with it till it sounded right), then fas modern, into german cab with sm57.. then a little low cut and mid boost with an eq

edit:
yeah it is very VERY versatile! i'm waiting for my power-amp to come, getting a carvin ts-100.. not top of the line but i'm pretty sure it will be capable of doing what i want :) and it's nice and cheap compared to all the other ones

Awesome. I'll play around with something like that. Thanks for the info.

What I found to be remarkably awesome about the axe is something you just mentioned, EQ after the signal!!! As opposed to micing up an amp or even getting the direct signal, you can already go to post - EQ right in your guitar signal itself instead of waiting for it to hit pro tools, mixing board, etc.

It's kind of like that Xzibit meme. I put an eq in your eq so you can eq while you eq your eq.

Iheartmidgetbooty

Recording Studio Idiot
Reaction score
I so want one of these things, dude. They sound so beast and legit. :O

Very awesome mix... Sounds amazing

ThisWorldIsOurs

Reaction score
Welcome :minions:

Sounds sick, architects are really cool man!

Congrats on the axe fx I recently picked one up too, so worth it!

danieluber1337

☻☺☻☼☺☻☺
Reaction score
axe fx was connected to the computer through a headphone cable directly to the pc soundcard(terrible i know, but it didn't turn out too bad!)

You aren't using a software ampsim, so that's why it doesn't suck... headphone cable + pc soundcard would introduce noise like none fucking other, making an amp sim amplify that shit like a bitch! This is already distorted and/or compressed as much as it's going to be.

Sounds really good, man. I've been looking at an Axe-Fx for myself... though I'm only 17; I need my Agile and gas before this! By that time, however, Axe-FX II will be on the market and hopefully cheaper than $2.1k!!

rekab

Reaction score
Sounds pretty badass to me. I don't think that cable straight in turned out to shabby at all.
Nice playing as well

russdogz_

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback dudes! It's good to hear i'm on the right track.. Have messed around with the patch a bit and discovered how to turn the poweramp simp off.. And it sounds so much fking better!!! Will post another clip up tonight

Daniel: screw the agile gas, buy one NOW! im only 17 too, and snapped this upcause everyones selling and i dont have the need for an axe2!

danieluber1337

☻☺☻☼☺☻☺
Reaction score
Daniel: screw the agile gas, buy one NOW! im only 17 too, and snapped this upcause everyones selling and i dont have the need for an axe2!

Without gas, I can't get to work! Without an Agile, I only have 6 strings! Though, after looking at the prices on ebay... a used Axe-FX Ultra is definitely lookin better than the Axe-FX II. I mean, hell, they're both better than ampsims... and both are just as good as other amps! Just $1000 for a ton of amps instead of $90287500947 for a ton of amps!

russdogz_

Reaction score
Oh!!! I thought youmeant gear gas ahahaha!!
Just think,, do you wanna sound good first? Or have another string to play on ;)

')