Finally got my emg 707s in Pix(56k=shit-bitches)

• Thread starter 777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
well i got it back yesterday after two long weeks of waiting, and she sings!!! the difference was evident as soon as i hit that low b loads more definition and tone(yes from emgs) its tight on the low end and very well balanced on the high, the neck pickup surprised me the most this thing has the tone of an angel i couldnt believe how clear and defined it was,id advise this mod to anyone considering Emgs (7-String) anyway heres pix
DSC02397.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

DSC02395.jpg

DSC02394.jpg

:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Nice.

Can you give any more details on the neck pickup?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice, that's a clean install.

Tone is of course subjexctive, but I too was surprised by the neck 707 - it's incredibly defined, with an awesome almost single-coil like attack. I liked the pickup a bit less in the bridge, but if you're looking for a powerful pickup that stays clear under high gain and has a tight, almost sculpted low end, they do rock. :yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I'm finally about to take the plunge on those bastards myself this month or so, after wanting them for years. :yesway:

I'm gonna use some of those chrome 707 pickup rings from fretsonthenet.com, too. Those will look ace with my smoky chrome hardware.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
Noice.

Can you give any more details on the neck pickup?
well it sounds almost dare i say it satch like past the 12th tubey smooth sound off itwhich i was impressed with goes v well for petrucci type tones, but i will say what i just figured out a bit "too" defined for sweeping the g-b-e it sounds a bit thin for my tastes the only thing letting this pup down is the sweeping on the g-b-e it sounds good for sweeping but not as thick as i would like, wierd how it sound thick enough for single note picking and not for sweeping

as for drews comment yes i was less impressed bty the bridge although its still sounds great to my ears theres something small missing mayb an amp because im playing through a fender champoin 30watter

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
You should TDW. Are you still tuning down to F#? If so, it'll definately tighten up that F# real nice and sexy like.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
You should TDW. Are you still tuning down to F#? If so, it'll definately tighten up that F# real nice and sexy like.
what does TDW mean??? ive never tuned dwn to F# i tune b-e-a-d-g-b-e

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
And sweet lips....
I calls him Sugar Tits. :D

I tune to F, brudda. Drop F. actually. I use the phenominal DS7, very crisp. But I love, repeat, love, EMGs. Always have. It's just such an expensive PITA to route my 2027 and put them in (I can do that sorta thing myself fortunately, however. I just haven't wanted to. :lol: )

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That is a nice, clean install. :yesway:
Ever since I got that Jackson COW with the 707, I dare say I'm almost a convert. They sound tight as hell and just....metal. :metal:
I guess I'm a Dimarzio traitor now.... my new username might be Judas Dimarzio :lol:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
777 said:
well it sounds almost dare i say it satch like past the 12th tubey smooth sound off itwhich i was impressed with goes v well for petrucci type tones, but i will say what i just figured out a bit "too" defined for sweeping the g-b-e it sounds a bit thin for my tastes the only thing letting this pup down is the sweeping on the g-b-e it sounds good for sweeping but not as thick as i would like, wierd how it sound thick enough for single note picking and not for sweeping

as for drews comment yes i was less impressed bty the bridge although its still sounds great to my ears theres something small missing mayb an amp because im playing through a fender champoin 30watter
those are a pair of long sentences. punctuation is your friend :D

that's definitely a very good job on the installation. they look like fun, but i'm more of a passive pickup guy.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
F!!!! WTF?! Damn you got some balls...I dont' go below A...
I tune to A, too, sometimes. A standard (I just tune up my low C and low F). I like the shape of the tuning, for chords and riffs, and for my bass notes. it's not out of a desire to be "uber heavy!!!", because 1. I almost never play pedal tones consistently on open strings, and 2. I write and play stuff in all sorts of keys. It just gives me more range. But I think I've maybe written... 1? 2? songs that pedal at all on the low F. And even in those, I'll change root notes quite a bit.

Ok, that's alot of fucking useless info. :lol: Great job on the install! Looks badass. I even like the way EMGs LOOK. So clean. Those will look sick in my 2027 with THESE.

PREMG707alum.JPG

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Drew said:
Nice, that's a clean install.

Tone is of course subjexctive, but I too was surprised by the neck 707 - it's incredibly defined, with an awesome almost single-coil like attack. I liked the pickup a bit less in the bridge, but if you're looking for a powerful pickup that stays clear under high gain and has a tight, almost sculpted low end, they do rock. :yesway:

It is for this reason that I recommend the 81-7 in the bridge, that EMG combination IMO is the one-two punch if you're doing the 7 string EMG thing. Of course, that what they were designed to do, so no surprise there.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
psyphre said:
It is for this reason that I recommend the 81-7 in the bridge, that EMG combination IMO is the one-two punch if you're doing the 7 string EMG thing. Of course, that what they were designed to do, so no surprise there.
I was planning on getting the 81-7 for a long time, but I've heard too many bad reviews. I think the 707 is for me, personally. I would like to hear and play one, though. Maybe on down the road I'll get one, since swapping EMGs is so easy.

')