Finally got my emg 707s in Pix(56k=shit-bitches)

• Thread starter 777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
IMO, The 81-7 sounds almost exactly like it's 6 string counterpart, where as the 707 is more like the 85. So if you like the 81, then the 81-7 should work pretty well for you. But again, tone is subjective and only I have the power to tell you what sounds good!
:lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
psyphre said:
It is for this reason that I recommend the 81-7 in the bridge, that EMG combination IMO is the one-two punch if you're doing the 7 string EMG thing. Of course, that what they were designed to do, so no surprise there.

That'd be even worse, psyphre. I found myself wishing that the 707 wasn't quite so focused and wasn't so bright. I wanted something a bit ballsier, darker, and more growly for rhythm, whereas the 81-7 is supposed to be even brighter and sharper than the 707.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
777 said:
but i will say what i just figured out a bit "too" defined for sweeping the g-b-e it sounds a bit thin for my tastes the only thing letting this pup down is the sweeping on the g-b-e it sounds good for sweeping but not as thick as i would like, wierd how it sound thick enough for single note picking and not for sweeping

How is it for 7 string sweeping? (very defined?)as opposed to 3 string sweeping, I just want to know cuz I just ordered some 707's, and I like to do 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 string sweeping, and I just want to end up dissapointed:noway: Thanx:agreed:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Yngwie said:
How is it for 7 string sweeping? (very defined?)as opposed to 3 string sweeping, I just want to know cuz I just ordered some 707's, and I like to do 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 string sweeping, and I just want to end up dissapointed:noway: Thanx:agreed:

Ask Jeff Loomis about that :fawk:

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
You'll probably like them Yngwie....Nice and clear, just make sure you're technique is clean. They'll pickup on more mistakes than passives will.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
You'll probably like them Yngwie....Nice and clear, just make sure you're technique is clean. They'll pickup on more mistakes than passives will.
Thats a good thing then:yesway: it will make me correct any of my mistakes I am not aware of, which in turn will make me a better guitarist/shredder.:agreed:

Emperoff said:
Ask Jeff Loomis about that :fawk:
I never new he did 7 string sweeps, Ill have to look into that, any songs you could recommend where he demonstrates that? Thanx:hbang:

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
I'm at school right now so I cant view the video(cuz they blocked all video/games sites) :noway: but if you say hes using sweeps incorperating(sp) all 7 strings, then Ill take your word for it:yesway:

EDIT: 1 hour later: Just watched the clip, in the vid it looks like hes playing 7 string sweeps, but on the tab it only shows 6 string sweeps.:scratch: So which is it?
and P.S. your not helping my Hellraiser GAS:lol:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Drew said:
That'd be even worse, psyphre. I found myself wishing that the 707 wasn't quite so focused and wasn't so bright. I wanted something a bit ballsier, darker, and more growly for rhythm, whereas the 81-7 is supposed to be even brighter and sharper than the 707.

To me the 81-7 IS ballsier, darker, and more growly for rhythm, or at least chunkier, but your mileage may vary. In either case it worth plugging ina giving a go.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
777 said:
DSC02397.jpg

DSC02394.jpg

DSC02395.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

:shred:

wow...i wouldnt have thought a 1527 could be any more sexy of a guitar as it comes stock (minus the tone anyway...)

i think youve proved my theory wrong
:yesway:

i was already looking into doing the exact same thing to my guitar (not that i have the money or anything lol) and now youve got me GASing over getting EMGs in my 1527

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
that looks beautiful. ive been thinking about puttin some in my RG7321, and getting some passives for the soon to be mine RG1527. that seems like a good idea, since the 1527 has better resale value not to mess with it too much.

')