Finally got the coin together - getting ready to pull the trigger.

• Thread starter King Crimson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

King Crimson

Mental Metal Head
Reaction score
It's time.

I have only one reservation. I have never purchased a guitar, electric or otherwise without playing it, holding it, examining it and looking it over very thoroughly.

I really like the look and what information that I have gathered regarding the Agile Septor Elite 727 DNC EB Tribal Green Q.

So what’s your thoughts about purchasing a guitar like this, blind?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're in the US. If you don't like it just return it for a full refund.

DakoRob

Dakota Roberts - Caecus
Reaction score
I own that guitar --> (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...i-accidentally-sevenstring-agile-content.html)

Was in the same exact position as you, I pulled the trigger and it hit the target for sure!

edit: i feel that if you really research the product thoroughly from several locations and are well aware of the company policy (given you are in the US) then it is perfectly safe to buy online if you know what you want.

King Crimson

Mental Metal Head
Reaction score
I own that guitar --> (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...i-accidentally-sevenstring-agile-content.html)

Was in the same exact position as you, I pulled the trigger and it hit the target for sure!

edit: i feel that if you really research the product thoroughly from several locations and are well aware of the company policy (given you are in the US) then it is perfectly safe to buy online if you know what you want.

Nice DakoRob - I read your review.

? - what don't you like about the Seymour Duncan Blackout Pickups (AH1-b)?

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
i Have a Septor Elite 725 White EB DNC and have yet to put it down. Trust me your dreams will be fulfilled :p If anything send Kurt an email and send it back he'll either have it replaced or refunded no problem.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like Max said, they're overall decent guitars and if you order it and don't like it you can return it and only be out shipping :2c:

Reaction score
It's time.

I have only one reservation. I have never purchased a guitar, electric or otherwise without playing it, holding it, examining it and looking it over very thoroughly.

I really like the look and what information that I have gathered regarding the Agile Septor Elite 727 DNC EB Tribal Green Q.

So what’s your thoughts about purchasing a guitar like this, blind?

Kurt is a well respected member here plus you can read the link I posted below. My next guitar is going to be from Rondo Music.

Mojocaster.com - Interview with Kurt from Rondo Music

orakle

djentleman
Reaction score
i bought a jackson dkmg and an ibanez rgd-2127z blind, and god do i love them

just look carefully, if that's what u want... go for it !! ;D

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I owned a Septor 727 for a few months. I loved it. I traded it off not too long ago and now I'm waiting for Kurt to get the color I like in stock with passives and a floyd before I pull the trigger on one.

King Crimson

Mental Metal Head
Reaction score
Seems like several of you don't like the active pups. Any particular reason why? I've never had any pups other than passive. I would have thought that the active pups would be a bit more aggressive/brutal...et cetera.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like several of you don't like the active pups. Any particular reason why? I've never had any pups other than passive. I would have thought that the active pups would be a bit more aggressive/brutal...et cetera.

While it's true that active pickups do have a more aggressive sound, many folk here feel that they also sound sterile, lacking the warmth and overall "feel" of quality passive pickups.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
While it's true that active pickups do have a more aggressive sound, many folk here feel that they also sound sterile, lacking the warmth and overall "feel" of quality passive pickups.

And, to view it another way... some people feel that many passive pickups color the sound, and would prefer to color the clean transparent sound of actives post-guitar with pedals and amp, rather than always have the unalterable sound of a particular set of passives imposed on their signal chain.

I'm a huge fan of making my guitars sound how I like at any given moment, instead of having to decide that through using a particular set of pickups and being unable to change for different songs... or even from one section of a song to another.

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
Hey MobiousR, how do you feel about the active pups - tone & feel?

honestly i like them right now. They get very djenty or very aggressive (via Loomis) So i have no problems with them so far. To be honest i like the sound its giving period. And like the post above passives more of a feel tone than a sterile tone like actives. But i like actives cause i know i can get a sound i like in a instant while you have to fuss with the EQ on the Amp to get passives working for each channel for example.

thats my 2 cents :p

also if you don't like the 707s you can go for Blackouts which is alot more passive to the active sound you get. They sound huge

')