Finally got the mix ive been searching for! FULL SONG inside

• Thread starter Gemmeadia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
It is pretty good and huge sounding. The drums are good and deep. It is my opinion that the guitars sound a little separated from the mix, but overall it's coming together very nicely. It's just that I keep waiting for the low end to hit me in the face. What are you high-passing them at?

Darkroom

Reaction score
Definitely a great sounding mix for sure.. did you run the Axe-Fx through an interface or usb?

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Definitely a great sounding mix for sure.. did you run the Axe-Fx through an interface or usb?

I ran it through an M-Audio Fast Track Pro and adjusted some EQ within Reaper. I will be cutting some of the high end when I get a chance because the tone is lacking mids and it should make it less fuzzy.

I dont know much about terminology as in "high-pass filter" etc since ive taught myself how to record/mix through trial and error with vst's, but i usually drop the eq on the low end a bit so it is more punchy and lets the kick do most of the chugging. It makes the guitars cut through the mix better and lets the bass take up the low end.

I really appreciate everyones comments on this thread! :D

')